PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request for HFP: Dynamic settings from a common XML file in watch folder

rpvincent
October 2nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
I have a program that feeds pictures to HFP so a footer can be added and then printed. Currently, we need to save multiple copies of the same image from our program to print enough copies for every guest (the number varies with every session). Could HFP be enhanced to look for a file called currentsettings.xml (or something like it) that could be updated on the fly by my program right before we save the image?

Example:

My program creates currentsettings.xml which contains 3
My program saves the new JPG for processing
HFP adds footer and sends 3 copies to the printer
My program modifies currentsettings.xml to 1
My program saves another JPG for processing
HFP adds footer and sends 1 copy to the printer

This would be HUGE for us!!!!! :)

Chris Breeze
October 3rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
If you select auto copies from the settings menu HFP will read the XML file for the number of copies to print using the tag. If HFP doesn't find the XML file or the XML doesn't contain a tag it will only print a single copy. So all you need to do is write an XML like the one below and give it the same filename as the first image:

rpvincent
October 24th, 2012, 06:39 PM
This is working well for us but it would be great if "prints=0" would simulate "save jpeg only" mode and not send any printouts to the printer. Currently, if we try prints=0, it still prints 1 copy.

Thanks!

Chris Breeze
October 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM
This makes sense, but only when the output setting is "Print and save JPEG copy". It wouldn't make sense for the software to suddenly start saving JPEG copies of the output if the output setting is set to "Print only". If the output setting is "JPEG copy only" the auto copies setting doesn't affect the saving of the JPEG copy anyway.

I'll include this in the next release.

rpvincent
October 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM
:)

makes sense...thx!