PDA

View Full Version : CP-D70 DW - Printing missmatch

BOXED
October 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hi All,

I have a CP-D70 DW, I have a problem where by when I need to do a reprint ie had a paper jam, using any application the print comes out in a slightly different format ie the background images etc shift upwards (tried picture manager, picasa, windows printing etc etc - all come out the same). Also when I view the files the images have shifted up. It is as if the breeze software is cropping the bottom section of the image when printing. It works fine when I take the individual images and load them into hotfolder prints the image comes out exactly the same as if it had printed through the dslr remote pro.

Also when I design my layouts, for example strips I cannot have a logo or text go below roughly 1770 pixels (shown in the print layout preview), if I do this they will be cut off - this also causes me a problem when I give the client a digital copy whereby I need to use picture manager to crop all my pictures as there appears to be an excessive blank space at the bottom of the jpeg.

Does anyone have any ideas where I am going wrong? This is also an added difficulty when designing backgrounds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris Breeze
October 10th, 2012, 09:46 AM
The printer reports the page size as slightly bigger than the actual page to ensure that borderless printing always fills the whole page e.g. my Mitsubishi CP-D707DW printer reports the printable area of a 6"x4" page @ 300 DPI as 1866x1228 pixels not 1800x1200 pixels. DSLR Remote Pro uses the whole of the page including the overlapping areas so that you have complete control over what's printed. It's possible that other software may add page margins and will give different results when printing. You may be able to adjust the margins in the software or you may need to crop the image slightly before printing.

BOXED
October 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Hi Chris thanks for your reply, I have only been able to reproduce when cropping but I am getting 'Ribbon Size' errors so unable to print - will keep testing. Would it be possible in a future release to create a reprint option?

Chris Breeze
October 16th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Would it be possible in a future release to create a reprint option?

I'm planning to add a simple reprint option in the next release. All it will do is load the JPEG copy of the printed output and then print it using the current printer settings and so you will need to set the output option to "Print and save JPEG copy" to make use of this.