PDA

View Full Version : Send all jpgs to output folder

jayredliner
November 13th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I love the new feature of copying the JPEG copy of the printed output to another folder. Is there a way to copy ALL of the individual jpgs to this folder rather than the print output file?

I ask this because clients want the actual photos and not the print layout. I tend to agree as we take 4 photos and on a strip they can can get quite small.

Thanks

Chris Breeze
November 13th, 2012, 08:12 AM
You could do this by using the edit image option (File->Setup image editor...) to run a script which copies the images, but wouldn't it be simpler to give the client a copy of the download folder and prints subfolder at the end of the event?

jayredliner
November 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I do that too, Chris. I guess I should be more specific.

I'd like to email users of the booth their photos in an automated way. Currently I take four photos, and use a touchscreen monitor to capture email addresses. I manually send the 4 jpgs to each user of the booth after the event. I would like to find an automated way of doing thing, either with Hot Folder Prints or this new output folder.

HFP comes so close by being able to automatically send the print output jpg, but most people want the photos, not the print strips. Any chance that the ability to send the actual jpg photos via HFP is on the roadmap?

Chris Breeze
November 14th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I don't have any plans to add the ability to send the original JPEGs at the moment, but would obviously consider adding this if enough people would find it useful.
Sending the original photos might be too much data for most people's mail systems (one 18 mega pixel image is around 4 to 5 MB). No problem for a desktop PC but I wouldn't want it sent to my cell phone.

Hotfolder Prints' email_image.exe email utility currently only supports a single file attachment and so you'd have to send multiple emails to send the original photos. You could do this using a script called from Hotfolder Prints instead of calling email_image.exe directly but it isn't an ideal solution.

jayredliner
November 15th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I don't have any plans to add the ability to send the original JPEGs at the moment, but would obviously consider adding this if enough people would find it useful.
Sending the original photos might be too much data for most people's mail systems (one 18 mega pixel image is around 4 to 5 MB). No problem for a desktop PC but I wouldn't want it sent to my cell phone.

Hotfolder Prints' email_image.exe email utility currently only supports a single file attachment and so you'd have to send multiple emails to send the original photos. You could do this using a script called from Hotfolder Prints instead of calling email_image.exe directly but it isn't an ideal solution.

Thanks Chris. Let me be the first vote for that feature. I think it would be very useful!

I do agree with the file size issues, but what I would do (and what I currently do manually) is resize the pictures to about 900px wide @ 72dpi @ 90% (ie: jpg high). That usually takes it to around 400kb. I also add a small watermark and rename the files at the same time.

Thanks!

jayredliner
November 19th, 2012, 12:00 AM
what I currently do manually is resize the pictures to about 900px wide @ 72dpi @ 90% (ie: jpg high). That usually takes it to around 400kb. I also add a small watermark and rename the files at the same time.

I guess to add to this, it would be really cool to have the ability to execute a droplet, triggered by your software. IE: You'd have a field that you could select your droplet, and before emailing the photos, it would execute it.

Cheers

Chris Breeze
November 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM
You could use the edit image option (File->Setup image editor...) to run a Photoshop droplet which modifies the individual photos as required and saves them in a separate folder. This could call a script which in turn runs the droplet if you need more control.

Alternatively you could use Hotfolder Prints to monitor the folder where the photos are downloaded and then resize and sharpen them and add a watermark using an overlay file.

jayredliner
November 20th, 2012, 05:09 AM
You could use the edit image option (File->Setup image editor...)

Thanks Chris. The File->Setup image editor works almost perfectly, however, Photoshop opens up overtop of the touchscreen. Do you know of a way to make this happen in the background (or hidden) or make the Breeze software run in the foreground always?

Thanks

jayredliner
November 20th, 2012, 05:12 AM
NM...I see you've answered this here: https://breezesysforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4916-4-DSLR-Feature-Requests

Trying this now...