PDA

View Full Version : Hofolder captions token voor filename

Lovid
November 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Chris,

I use HFP to monitor a folder which gets files like: thisphotocreatedbyjohn.jpg, anotherphotocreatedbychris.jpg...and so on
these filenames are always user generated ones.

I want to do a layout for each single photo, with at the bottom the caption for the filename, eg: thisphotocreatedbyjohn, anotherphotocreatedbychris... (without the jpg extension.

I tried to incoroporate the filenames in caption 1 using the {filename} token, but the i get names like c://users/mycomputer...thisphotobyjohn

I also tried the {cameraFilename} but this doesn(t work in the captions for HFP.

Do you have a solution for me?

Kind regards,

Raoul

Chris Breeze
November 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
The %o token gives the image filename without file extension. Please see this page of the help file for a list of tokens:
http://www.breezesys.com/Hotfolder/help/tokens.htm

Please note the tokens only extract information from the first photo in the layout. If you want to print a layout with several photos each with a caption showing its filename you would need to do it in a two step process by running two copies of Hotfolder Prints. The first copy would process single images and create a layout with the image filling the page together with the caption. The second copy would then take these captioned images and lay them out on the page.

Lovid
November 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Chris, thx for your reply, I saw you added this in the last hot folder update:

- Added optional naming of the JPEG copy of the printed output by using tokens in the filename prefix

I can't seem to find anything explaining this in the help files.

How do I rename the original picture using tokens if I want the JPEG copy to be like this:

Original: Photocreatedby_12345_Chris007.jpg
JPEG COPY: Photocreatedby_Chris007.jpg

Kind regards!

Chris Breeze
November 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM
You can do this by setting the filename prefix to %o.