PDA

View Full Version : .mov location

buzzkcphoto
November 21st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Hi, I'm new to Breeze, just purchased it this past week. So can the .mov location be moved to above the live view somehow? I know it can't over-lay the Live view, but I'm concerned if I use that option that the guest will be looking down rather than up in the direction of the camera.

Thanks,

Chris Breeze
November 22nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
There isn't any way to position the MOV file playback window in the current version but this is something I'm thinking about for a future release. I want to find a method which is flexible without being too complicated to setup.

Recently I've been working on adding animated screens to NKRemote, PSRemote and Webcam Photobooth and will be releasing these before the end of the month. These will also have an enhancement to allow you to specify whether the movie file should play in a continuous loop by adding _loop to the filename e.g. If the file is named ready_loop.mov it will play continuously whereas ready.mov would only play once. I will probably also release a minor update to DSLR Remote Pro to include this to keep everything in sync.

Chris Breeze
November 23rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
I've added the ability to manually position the MOV files in NKRemote v2.5 and will include this in the next releases of the other photobooth apps.

The positioning is specified by appending the left and top offsets to the filename e.g.
ready.mov - plays the ready.mov file once and positions it automatically (full screen if live view is off or under the live view images if live view is on)
ready_100+200.mov - plays the ready.mov file once and positions it so that the top left hand corner is 100 pixels from the left of the screen and 200 pixels from the top
ready_loop_100+200.mov - plays the ready.mov file continuously in a loop and positions it so that the top left hand corner is 100 pixels from the left of the screen and 200 pixels from the top
ready_loop.mov - plays the ready.mov file continuously in a loop and positions it automatically (full screen if live view is off or under the live view images if live view is on)

The movie display won't be enlarged beyond its native size and will be scaled down to fit the screen if it is too large. If you use the manual positioning option you need to take care that the movie display and live view images don't overlap otherwise it will look horrible. There is no option to manually scale or crop the movie display and so this needs to be done when preparing the MOV file.

buzzkcphoto
November 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Awesome, I'm looking forward to the canon release soon then. Thank you Chris!