PDA

View Full Version : Receipt Printer/Online Code Reclaim

anders
November 28th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I have seen on some commercial photo booths (coin op) when they print the photo strip there is a code that if the guest visits a website they can enter that code and download the photos from said website.

Has anyone come across a solution to offer this with DSLR Remote Pro?

I am guessing there is a bit of work involved as you would need a method to create the reclaim code and apply to the printed strip (captions a potential method?) but then you would also need that code to be applied to the photostrip file name so that when you upload the photo to a website you then have a method to find the photo.

So before i try and put something together does any one know if any thing exists at the moment as a solution? If not do you think the code part using the caption option is feasible? If so then i can try and work out how to get the website to work guessing a modified e-commerce script with a checkout like method.

Thanks in advance
Sam

Chris Breeze
November 30th, 2012, 05:08 PM
You can use the {uid} token to generate a unique id for each set of photos and print this on the photo by using the {uid} token in the caption text. You'd then need to setup a website so that users can enter the {uid} value to view and download their photos.

anders
November 30th, 2012, 09:53 PM
You can use the {uid} token to generate a unique id for each set of photos and print this on the photo by using the {uid} token in the caption text. You'd then need to setup a website so that users can enter the {uid} value to view and download their photos.

Thanks for the suggestion, will give it a try on the token

Thanks
Sam