PDA

View Full Version : Footer Trouble

forasong
November 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I have just upgraded from 1.8.2 to 2.5. I know it's taken me awhile. I now can't get my footer to print on both strips. In 1.8.2 there was a check box to copy left half of page to right half to create a double strip. That is not there in 2.5. How do I get my footer to print on both sides please. Thank you very much.

Chris Breeze
November 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM
You need to make the footer the same width in pixels as the printed output and then place the footer image on it twice. BTW I find it simpler to use a background.jpg image for headers and footers - please see FAQ 3 on this page for details:
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth8.htm

apples
December 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM
or just create an overlay.png. Don't think many people use the footer (or the caption) function anymore (but I may be wrong!).

BoothsRus
December 11th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I have to agree.... Just do an overlay image. It is the easiest way to get any and all info on your images! It can be a little tricky at first but once you get it you will run with it!!

BAU

twinsrus
January 20th, 2013, 04:53 PM
For those of us that use the bottom of the strip, using the background.jpg is easier than the overlay. I couldn't line stuff up until I started using the background technique. It is also easy to make a template in Photoshop, then change it as needed.

This makes a nice feature that can be offered to potential clients as a charge or free service that lets people remember the evening.

apples
January 20th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Doing background.jpg or overlay.png require the same amount of work - some do it one way, others the other - some use both - there is no right answer. But few mess about with footers and captions anymore.