PDA

View Full Version : Hotfolder error message: ENOENT: File or path not found

alexp
November 30th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I am trying to set up Hotfolder to email photos. I entered email settings information as described here: http://www.breezesys.com/Hotfolder/help/index.html, but I get this error message:

ENOENT: File or path not found

Please help.

Chris Breeze
November 30th, 2012, 05:18 PM
This normally means it can't find the email_image.exe utility or it can't find the JPEG image to be emailed. What settings are you using please and what is the exact error message?

alexp
November 30th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I did a search on my computer for email_image.exe and it showed in the Hotfolder Prints folder. What setting am I using? Do you mean what email settings? I am using my gmail address. The exact error message is ENOENT: File or path not found. Please check the attached screenshot.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10164102/Screen_Shot.jpg

alexp
November 30th, 2012, 11:47 PM
When I press on "Send test email" Hotfolderprints asks me: Send Test emails "from" address: [email protected]? I click yes, and then the error message pops out.

Chris Breeze
December 3rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
I think a Windows Update may have changed the way it searches for the .exe file. There is a workaround which is to right click on the Hotfolder Prints desktop icon and select "Properties". Then set the "Start in:" value to the Hotfolder Prints installation folder. This is normally C:\Program Files (x86)\BreezeSys\Hotfolder Prints on 64-bit systems and C:\Program Files\BreezeSys\Hotfolder Prints on 32-bit systems.

I will investigate the problem and fix it in the next update.

alexp
December 3rd, 2012, 10:01 PM
I think a Windows Update may have changed the way it searches for the .exe file. There is a workaround which is to right click on the Hotfolder Prints desktop icon and select "Properties". Then set the "Start in:" value to the Hotfolder Prints installation folder. This is normally C:\Program Files (x86)\BreezeSys\Hotfolder Prints on 64-bit systems and C:\Program Files\BreezeSys\Hotfolder Prints on 32-bit systems.

I will investigate the problem and fix it in the next update.

Thanks again Chris, I set the "Start in:" value to the Hotfolder Prints installation folder, and I am now able to send test emails successfully. But I'm still not able to email images to the addresses that are typed into the keyboard.
Here is the preferences screen in Hotfolder. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thnaks.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10164102/Hotfolder.jpg

Chris Breeze
December 4th, 2012, 08:17 AM
What happens when you run it? Are any error messages displayed?
You may need to increase the value of the delay before processing images to allow time for the user to enter their email address.

alexp
December 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM
What happens when you run it? Are any error messages displayed?
You may need to increase the value of the delay before processing images to allow time for the user to enter their email address.

Hey Chris. There are no error messages displayed when I run Hotfolder Print. I increased the value of the delay before processing images to 20 sec, but still no result. I also tried using my own email address instead of {user_data}, but it still didn't send. Only Send test email works. Here is the screen shot off all settings. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10164102/Screen-SHot.jpg

Chris Breeze
December 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Nothing's happened because it is set up to process four files at a time and has only received two so far. I think the problem is that it is set up to monitor the prints folder not the parent folder where the individual photos taken by the camera are downloaded.

alexp
December 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks Chris. It's working now! :cool:

alexp
December 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Will Hotfolder Prints use background.jpg from the photo booth images folder?

Chris Breeze
December 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
It can do if you set its image folder to the photobooth's photobooth image folder. This will only be useful if the output from Hotfolder Prints is exactly the same size as the output from the photobooth.