PDA

View Full Version : updating booths software

stillmation
December 1st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Hi all,

It's been a while since I check in and I see a lot has changed in the software, from what I read, some nice features. I use mostly PSremote and the webcam version.
I'm always a little uneasy when updating an already solid system, I'm running a pretty old PSremote and it's all set up just right. Installing the latest version over that, will it take on the current settings or will I have to jot down allmy setup and reprogram the new version with all of that info?

I've a week or so till my next rentals so potentially have time. I expecially like the sound of improved image processing, this will help print times.

I'm also hoping the webcam version does address some issues I've always had with my prototype system.

Cheers,
Rob

Chris Breeze
December 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
You shouldn't have any problems with the latest versions but you can always take a copy of the settings if you're worried.

The settings for PSRemote and Webcam Photobooth are stored in the Windows registry under the following keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\PSRemote
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\WebcamPho tobooth

If you use the regedit.exe tool to export these settings and save them to file you can restore them if you have problems.

BoothsRus
December 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Chris, how does it work as far as getting updates for versions that are coming out after you purchase an older version? Is there some time limit?

BAU

Chris Breeze
December 12th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Please see the upgrades page for details:
http://www.breezesys.com/upgrades.htm