PDA

View Full Version : Error on upgrade NKRemote 2.5

smilelounge
December 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm getting the following error message when I upgrade and run the new NKRemote:
Unable to load Nikon library: Type0008.md3

Chris Breeze
December 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
What version of Windows are you running? Is the Type008.md3 file in the installation folder?

smilelounge
December 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM
running Win7 Home Premium 64bit. I have idea what you mean by the installation folder question, sorry!

smilelounge
December 11th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I looked in the NKRemote folder and YES, that Type0008.md3 file is in there.

Chris Breeze
December 12th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Nikon's camera control libraries can be problematic on some systems but normally this is older Windows XP systems not Windows 7. You could try installing the latest version of Microsoft's .Net framework (NKRemote doesn't use this but Nikon's libraries appear to have some dependency on it). If you don't need support for the Nikon D600 you could try deleting Type0008.md3 and making a copy of Type0006.md3 and naming it Type0008.md3. Type0006.md3 is the D800/D800E version of the libraries which NKRemote tries before the D600 libraries and so trying to load it twice shouldn't do any harm.

smilelounge
December 15th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Ok, I'll try that. Another weird thing I notice - I have a reprint area on my touchscreen. With the newest version, when we touch the reprint area, it prints another photo AND creates another copy of the file in the folder!

Chris Breeze
December 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I've finally managed to locate the cause of the "Error loading Type0008.md3" problem - it is caused by a dependency in Nikon's libraries. I've just released NKRemote v2.5.1 which fixes the problem.

Ok, I'll try that. Another weird thing I notice - I have a reprint area on my touchscreen. With the newest version, when we touch the reprint area, it prints another photo AND creates another copy of the file in the folder!

It does this because you can specify the filename of the JPEG copy of the print layout and it can no longer rely on the filename being unique. If you use the fast reprint option (Shift+Ctrl+R) it will print using the existing copy of the print layout and won't save another copy. NKRemote v2.5.1 also adds a touchscreen action for fast reprint and a registry setting for specifying the JPEG quality used to save the JPEG copy.

smilelounge
December 25th, 2012, 05:16 AM
For the reprint issue - I've been using the same touchscreen command "reprint photos" with no problems until version 2.5
I'll try the new 2.5.1 and see if that addresses it. thank you! and Merry Christmas :)

Chris Breeze
December 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
For the reprint issue - I've been using the same touchscreen command "reprint photos" with no problems until version 2.5
I'll try the new 2.5.1 and see if that addresses it. thank you! and Merry Christmas :)

That's because prior to v2.5 the print filename was fixed as the date and time and there was no risk of duplicate filenames.

smilelounge
January 22nd, 2013, 01:00 AM
My problem now with the fast reprint is that when I use that feature on the touchscreen, it freezes the program and I have to force exit.

Chris Breeze
January 24th, 2013, 09:19 AM
My problem now with the fast reprint is that when I use that feature on the touchscreen, it freezes the program and I have to force exit.

I'll look into this and fix it in the next release. I'm just finishing off adding support for the Nikon D5200 and should have this ready for release next week.