PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to upscale the welcome video?

PhotoJames
December 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I just made a welcome video with an app for my ipad and the highest res it will output is 720. Is there a way in the breeze software to have it upscale to full screen? My monitor is 1080 so the video is showing up in the middle with a lot of black around it.

Any help would be appreciated.

PhotoJames
December 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I noticed that when the welcome.mov was playing I got an error message at the bottom of the screen saying that the welcome.jpg file was not found. Would it be possible to use both? If you did would it put the .mov on top of the .jpg? I could live with that. I'm going to do a little bit of testing today. And I'll post my results.

Chris Breeze
December 10th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I noticed that when the welcome.mov was playing I got an error message at the bottom of the screen saying that the welcome.jpg file was not found. Would it be possible to use both? If you did would it put the .mov on top of the .jpg? I could live with that. I'm going to do a little bit of testing today. And I'll post my results.

You need a welcome.jpg screen. It will form the background and the movie will be played on top of it.

Chris Breeze
December 10th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I just made a welcome video with an app for my ipad and the highest res it will output is 720. Is there a way in the breeze software to have it upscale to full screen? My monitor is 1080 so the video is showing up in the middle with a lot of black around it.

Any help would be appreciated.

The QuickTime libraries don't support upscaling when playing back the movie and so you will need to scale the MOV file e.g. using software such as Windows Movie Maker, QuickTime Pro, Adobe Premiere etc.

PhotoJames
December 24th, 2012, 05:00 AM
So we were doing an event today and I had a video on the ready screen. I was running a ready.jpg and a ready.mov on profile1 with the live view turned off. Seems that when I had the live view turned on the video was squished below it. I didn't want the live view on profile 1 anyway so this wasn't a big deal.

The issue was the lag time and eventual lock up of the machine. When you would push the touch screen selection to go to either profile2 or profile3 it would take a few seconds. I could live with that but after a while the video would stop and the whole computer locked up.

Final solution was to take the ready.mov out of profile1 and everything returned to normal. Except that I had no video.

I'm running the booth on a laptop with an AMD processor, 4 gigs of ram running Win7 Pro. Camera is a Canon T3i set to Small Fine.

One further question: If I use a 1.mov, 2.mov, etc will it be shrunk down and placed underneath the live view? Is it possible to have it run full screen behind the live view?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm not new to Breeze (three years in the PB industry) but I am new to the features in the latest updates (haven't had time to properly vet them for my workflow, but getting there).

Thanks Chris, your software rocks!!!

Chris Breeze
December 27th, 2012, 02:46 PM
So we were doing an event today and I had a video on the ready screen. I was running a ready.jpg and a ready.mov on profile1 with the live view turned off. Seems that when I had the live view turned on the video was squished below it. I didn't want the live view on profile 1 anyway so this wasn't a big deal.
The video is resized to fit underneath the live view because you can't overlap the video and live view otherwise you get nasty flickering. With the latest version of NKRemote (and the next release of DSLR Remote Pro) you can specify the position of the movie playback area by appending the left and top offsets to the filename e.g. to position the ready.mov movie 100 pixels from the left of the screen and 200 pixels from the top it should be named ready_100+200.mov (ready_loop_100+200.mov if you want it to play continuously).

The issue was the lag time and eventual lock up of the machine. When you would push the touch screen selection to go to either profile2 or profile3 it would take a few seconds. I could live with that but after a while the video would stop and the whole computer locked up.

Final solution was to take the ready.mov out of profile1 and everything returned to normal. Except that I had no video.

I'm running the booth on a laptop with an AMD processor, 4 gigs of ram running Win7 Pro. Camera is a Canon T3i set to Small Fine.
Sorry I don't know what is causing this. You need a moderately fast computer and graphics card to play back HD video. A USB to VGA video adapter probably isn't fast enough for video play back. I've left a video running for a couple of hours on a dual core i5 laptop without any problems.

One further question: If I use a 1.mov, 2.mov, etc will it be shrunk down and placed underneath the live view? Is it possible to have it run full screen behind the live view?
It will be resized to fit below the live view unless you specify the left and top offsets in the filename (see above) but it isn't a good idea to overlap the video and live view displays.