PDA

View Full Version : Hotfolder Background jpg quality issue

rawkiss
December 12th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Hi there guys

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this problem I am having if possible

I am having a bit of an issue with the final jpg output quality from hotfolder.
The background I have, when viewed normally as is, looks fine but when hotfolders takes it, adds the photo from webcam photobooth and then emails / saves it, it compresses it and the final jpg quality is not the same as the original background quality.

The picture taken is fine and I have played around with the "sharpen image amount" but this is only really to do with the picture and not the background.

I have also tried different sizes for the background and DPI's, custom and same as original taken from webcam PB and still the same issue.

I can also tell it is compressing it as the file size are smaller in the saved file, which includes the photo, than just the plain background.

This is a big concern as the prints that come out are fantastic but then the client gets the email/smaller images for web purposes and they are not looking great at all as the logos etc on the background all come out not as crisp and clean as the original background.

Is there any solution to this or something I could do to sort it out.

An option would be to simply email the saved printed file from Webcam PB (maybe resized a small amount), but then we start looking at larger file sizes which is not ideal for emailing purposes.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris Breeze
December 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I'm sorry there isn't a way to change the JPEG quality setting. It's fixed at 85% which is normally a good compromise between image size and quality. It probably makes sense to add the ability to set this via the Windows registry for advanced users.