PDA

View Full Version : Multiple layouts customize

Iluzjon
February 10th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Hello,
I want to make multiple layout interface, but i am stuck.
I wanted to make this looklike:
1 screen : choose layout (1 of 3) no live view
2 screen : choose color or bw mode no live view
then screens with live view for each layout and color mode

i need 10 profiles but can use 8 in NKRemote or i am doing something wrong?

neilneilb
February 10th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Hello Iluzjon,

The following example from the photo booth articles is for green screen but the concept is the same. http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth7.htm

Using profiles to select from more than 8 backgrounds

The photo booth software only allows up to 8 profiles at a time to be defined but this doesn't limit the number of profiles that can be used. By using the {photoboothDir} token to specify the profiles each photo booth images folder can have its own set of 8 profiles. If each profile selects a different photo booth images folder it allows another 8 profiles to be used.

For example suppose you want to offer the user the choice of 14 different green screen backgrounds this can be done be defining two pages of 7 profiles with a touchscreen action to switch between the two. First create 14 photo booth image folders to hold the different backgrounds and name them folder1, folder2, folder3 etc. Then save 7 sets of settings in folder1 and name them as follows:
profile1.xml - this switches to folder8 to display the next screen of 7 images
profile2.xml - this switches to folder1 to select green screen background 1
profile3.xml - this switches to folder2 to select green screen background 2
profile4.xml - this switches to folder3 to select green screen background 3
profile5.xml - this switches to folder4 to select green screen background 4
profile6.xml - this switches to folder5 to select green screen background 5
profile7.xml - this switches to folder6 to select green screen background 6
profile8.xml - this switches to folder7 to select green screen background 7

These settings files can then be copied to folders folder2 to folder7.

Next save another 7 sets of settings in folder8 and name them as follows:
profile1.xml - this switches to folder1 to display the previous screen of 7 images
profile2.xml - this switches to folder8 to select green screen background 8
profile3.xml - this switches to folder9 to select green screen background 9
profile4.xml - this switches to folder10 to select green screen background 10
profile5.xml - this switches to folder11 to select green screen background 11
profile6.xml - this switches to folder12 to select green screen background 12
profile7.xml - this switches to folder13 to select green screen background 13
profile8.xml - this switches to folder14 to select green screen background 14

These settings files can then be copied to folders folder9 to folder14.

Then define profiles using the {photoboothDir} token as shown below:

http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth/profiles2.gif

Iluzjon
February 10th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Thank You so much for replay friend,

The main part for me was not shown. I know how to set 8 profiles, how it was shown, but still didnt understand how to make it more..
I understand that i need to create image folders for each profile.. i understande that i should save each 8 settings in 1 filder the show them on photobooth profile screen
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth/profiles2.gif
but how to set next 8?? is there gonna be another photobooth profile set page??

i understand that i need to create 2 ready screens with 7 buttons for 7 backgrounds each for example
but what action should i choose for each button? (theres also 8 profiles in actions list)

i really want to understand thos photoboothDir trick, can you please explain it in diffrent words?
i know how to create graphics, make backgrounds buttons diffrent screens but have no idea how to use more then those 8 profiles :(

i feel like a dumb :(

Chris Breeze
February 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM
If you set profile 1 to {photoboothDir}\profile1.xml it will load the profile1.xml file in the current photobooth images folder. If profile1.xml set a new photobooth images folder the next time you select profile 1 it will select profile1.xml in the new photobooth images folder.

e.g. to have profile 1 step through three different settings

D:\PhotoboothImages\one\profile1.xml sets the photobooth images folder to D:\PhotoboothImages\two
D:\PhotoboothImages\two\profile1.xml sets the photobooth images folder to D:\PhotoboothImages\three
D:\PhotoboothImages\three\profile1.xml sets the photobooth images folder to D:\PhotoboothImages\one

When the photobooth images folder is set to D:\PhotoboothImages\one {photoboothDir}\profile.xml will load D:\PhotoboothImages\one\profile.xml which sets the photobooth images folder to D:\PhotoboothImages\two.

Next time you select profile 1 {photoboothDir}\profile.xml will load D:\PhotoboothImages\two\profile.xml which sets the photobooth images folder to D:\PhotoboothImages\three.

Then next time you select profile 1 {photoboothDir}\profile.xml will load D:\PhotoboothImages\three\profile.xml which sets the photobooth images folder back to to D:\PhotoboothImages\one.

Iluzjon
February 11th, 2013, 11:25 AM
i am confused Chris, (more probably that i am too dumb to get it)
i really want to understand how it works but i dont..
i will write what i want to get:

1st screen: ready.jpg no live view with able to choose prints in bw or color
after choose (e.g. color)
2nd screen ready.jpg no live view with able to choose 1 of 3 layouts
after choose (e.g. layout 1 - 1 big pic and 3 smaller)
3rd screen ready.jpg with live wiev with start button

AND ALL VARIATIONS

i need 9 profiles

1 - color choose
2 - bw layout choose
3 - color layout choose
4 - layout 1 color
5 - layout 2 color
6 - layout 3 color
7 - layout 1 bw
8 - layout 2 bw
9 - layout 3 bw

but i have only possibility for 8...
http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/help/photoboothprofiles.gif

Chris Breeze
February 12th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Why not simplify it to have a menu screen that lets you choose the layout and then display live view, b&W/color and start buttons?

Profile 1 (default): live view off, ready screen showing 3 layouts with touchscreen actions to select profiles 2 to 4
Profile 2: live view on, ready screen showing layout 1 has been selected, touchscreen actions to start, toggle color/B&W and to select profile 1
Profile 3: live view on, ready screen showing layout 2 has been selected, touchscreen actions to start, toggle color/B&W and to select profile 1
Profile 4: live view on, ready screen showing layout 3 has been selected, touchscreen actions to start, toggle color/B&W and to select profile 1

You don't need the additional complexity of using the {photoboothDir} token to do this.

Danny123
February 12th, 2013, 01:02 PM
The easy way is to as Chris has said, if you need help Pm and I will be able to set this up for you...

Or you could do it so the user selects b&w or colour and overlay first (from same page), then they just click go on next profile..

e.g.

Profile 1 - Choose b/w or colour and overlay (no live view)
Profile 2-7 - would be the just go page...