PDA

View Full Version : Super Macro mode

Jessehurlbut
May 19th, 2005, 01:57 AM
I just registered my copy of PSRemote (only moments after the test drive). I am absolutely giddy about it! Thanks for developing it!!

Here's my question: Is it possible (will it ever be?) to access the Super Macro Mode of the PS Pro 1?

Jesse

Chris Breeze
May 19th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Sorry I don't have any plans to do this because it is such a weird camera configuration and is unlike any other PowerShot camera. It's over a year since I tested PSRemote with the Pro1, but if I remember correctly, super macro restricts the lens zoom range and selects a medium or low resolution. I think you can get very similar magnification by using the maximum telephoto setting, maximum resolution and then crop the image down to the resolution used by supermacro.

mr.max
January 4th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Now, also S2 IS support Super Macro Mode... you plan to implement this function on coming release? I hope...
Thanks.
Max

Chris Breeze
January 5th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Sorry, super macro with the S2 has the same issues as the Pro1. I'm not quite sure why Canon call it "super" because it seems to be inferior to the macro modes of other PowerShot cameras. I suppose it is a compromise to provide some sort of macro on a lens with a large zoom range.