PDA

View Full Version : getting error CD IO

Rodney
May 19th, 2005, 06:50 PM
When I download Jpegs off my card I am getting the error "CD IO" and Downloader pro then will not transfer the pics. I've checked the files and they are appear ok, I can move them manually with no problem. Any ideas what this might be? And how I might fix the problem?

Thanks!

:confused:

Chris Breeze
May 20th, 2005, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure what this means. What is the exact text of the error message?

Rodney
May 20th, 2005, 07:34 PM
The error reads CD IO Error code #20 0x00020

Chris Breeze
May 23rd, 2005, 03:34 PM
I've never seen anything cause this error message but possible causes are:
1) Problems communicating with the camera if you are downloading from a Canon camera
2) Problems copying the file or checking its size and status if using a card reader. I can't think of anything that might cause this unles there is something strange about the disk the images are being downloaded to.

Rodney
May 23rd, 2005, 04:34 PM
I am using a Cannon camera, so I guess that explaines that.... will there be updates in the near future that will fix this Cannon problem?

Chris Breeze
May 24th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Which camera are you using?
The next release of DLPro will include the latest EOS SDK and the soon to be released PowerShot SDK. It's also worth checking you're using the latest firmware and USB drivers for your camera (these can be downloaded from www.powershot.com).
BTW I prefer to use a USB 2.0 card reader because it is much faster than downloading from the camera.