PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - Error: Access Viloation, Bad_Pool_Caller. Windows 8 restarts

mikedavis
May 25th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Hi Chris and community. On windows 8 when exiting DSLR Remote Pro I get the Error: Access violation message and then Bad_Pool_Caller and the computer restarts. This is very annoying and I want to resolve this. In Windows 7 this Error message comes up but the computer does not restart. I am also using Breeze Browser for a slideshow monitor and that is connected with a startech usb video card. I am looking for a permanent fix I tried the advanced options to disable restart upon failure however these settings are forgotten when shut down.

Chris Breeze
May 27th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry I haven't come across this before. I've tested DSLR Remote Pro on several Windows 8 computers and never had any problems and we haven't had any reports of this type of problem from other users. Normally it should be impossible for a user mode application to be able to cause Windows to crash. Drivers and kernel mode applications are normally the only things which can damage Windows and cause it to crash. Does the problem only occur if you use the USB video card?

Windows 8 seems to be less robust than Windows 7. I have two laptops running Windows 8 and both crash when I connect my Android phone via USB which is frustrating because I can't use the laptops to charge the phone.

mikedavis
May 31st, 2013, 11:44 PM
All of my photo booths display that access error when closing dslr remote pro. My setup is elo touch screen 1937l apr, canon t3, Hiti 510l, toshiba win 8, belkin 7 port powered hub, star tech USB video card which is using a beta driver 4/2013. My windows 7 booths are identical setup except for slideshow monitor. A friend of mine has a push button photo booth and does not have any issues, he also plugs the camera directly to the computer. I currently have the camera, elo, printer and USB speakers running off hub. The USB video card is on its own USB to computer. I am writing this from an iPhone so sorry for errors. I will have some time next week to diagnose. It's really frustrating and I manufacture these too so I need some support and willing to pay

Chris Breeze
June 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
It's almost certainly some kind of driver compatibility issue or a hardware problem. It's hard to know what might be causing this because we've haven't had any other reports of similar problems. All I can suggest is stripping everything down to the bare essentials e.g. DSLR Remote Pro running on a PC with a standard monitor and printing to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer printer and the camera connected directly to a USB port on the computer. Then start adding the other elements until you find what is causing the problem.

mikedavis
June 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM
What do you mean by printing to Microsoft xps document writer I need to print on the hiti? Has there ever been an issue with elo touch screens? I will try connecting USB to computer rather than powered hub.

mikedavis
June 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM
This may help. If I don't connect the camera I can open and close without any issues.

mikedavis
June 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hi Chris, I plugged the camera directly into the pc and there are no issues when closing dslr remote pro. I also followed your advice about loss of input. I was having trouble getting the touchscreen monitor disconnecting with esc key. click on monitor 2, then press esc. Working with 3 monitors and win 8 has its challenges but I am confident now.

Thanks for your support.