PDA

View Full Version : New creative filters in DSLR Remote Pro for Windows v2.6 and NKRemote v2.6

Chris Breeze
August 30th, 2013, 05:02 PM
DSLR Remote Pro for Windows v2.6 and NKRemote v2.6 have been released today. Please see the news page for details:
http://www.breezesys.com/news.htm

Creative filters
The headline feature is the new creative filters which apply various effects to the photos and display the filter images to users in real-time in the live view display. The filters are added using a DLL which means experienced C++ programmers can develop their own filters and use them with DSLR Remote Pro or NKRemote. The standard effects include color and B&W negative, color and B&W posterization and the ability to over or under saturate images for a retro film-like look.

NKRemote v2.6 also includes a new "bright live view/AF mode" option. This fixes a problem you can get with recent Nikon DSLRs which causes the live view to be dark if the exposure mode is set to A or M and a small aperture is selected. "Bright live view/AF mode" gets around this problem by using a large aperture for live view and only selecting the smaller aperture when actually taking the photo. A side effect of this is you can now use the camera's normal AF system when taking photobooth photos. However, take when using AF because if the camera cannot lock focus it won't take the photo which will interrupt the photobooth shooting sequence. You can disable AF when using "bright live view/AF mode" by setting the camera to manual focus or by setting the AF mode to AF-C.

Canon EOS 70D support: DSLR Remote Pro for Windows v2.6 does not include support for the new Canon EOS 70D. This will be added soon after Canon release an SDK for the 70D, which hopefully will be available some time next month.

Professorlooney
August 31st, 2013, 03:56 AM
Am I missing something, I downloaded the update, but do not see any changes.

Do I need to select something?

I have version 2.6 Windows 7.

Chris Breeze
August 31st, 2013, 11:48 AM
You need to copy the PhotoboothCreativeFilter.dll file (which can be found in the installation folder) into your photobooth images folder. Then when you enter fullscreen photobooth mode it will display the defalt filter which is color negative. Type Shift+Ctrl+C to display the settings to choose different filter options. The settings are saved in the Windows registry using the name of the photobooth images subfolder which means you can use profiles to switch to different folders to select different filters and filter settings.

Please see this section of the help file for more information:
http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/help/creative_filters.htm