PDA

View Full Version : Color & gamma differences between BBpro and Photoshop CS on a profiled monitor on XP

dnphoto
May 25th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Hi Chris -

I am using BB Pro, with a profile for my LaCie monitor specified in BBPro's File>Preferences>Image Display>Color Management and images look slightly different between BBPro and Photoshop CS. Of course I have the same monitor profile in PS, no proofing set, documents in question are in sRGB and the PS working space is also sRGB. Generally things look more desaturated in photoshop than in BBPro. Any advice on how to make them look the same or is this not possible? I am on Windows XP, and the monitor profile is loaded at startup by Adobe Gamma and is specified as the default monitor profile in Windows' control panel for Display. There is no other software loading the monitor profile (ie no 3rd party software from Monaco or Greytag Macbeth).

Best,

Drew Newman

Chris Breeze
May 26th, 2005, 07:43 AM
In theory you should get very similar colors in BBPro and Photoshop provided they are both using the same monitor profile and the images you are viewing contain profiles.
It's worth checking the color settings in Photoshop and Adobe Gamma to see if they are applying any additional adjustments. In Photoshop you can do this by selecting Edit->Color Settings... and then click on Advanced Mode.