PDA

View Full Version : Raw converted images are +0.3EV light

cjepple
May 27th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Hi Folks,
I have a Canon 300D and am using BBPro to convert my RAW files to JPGs. When I set up the converter to use "As Shot" settings and no Exposure Compensation, the coverted jpgs are about +0.3EV to light as compared to the image displayed on the coverter page. The hisogram confirms this.

Conversely, in order to get the exposure to match, I need to set the exposure compensation to -0.3EV. Where am I going wrong? Thanks,
Chris

Chris Breeze
May 30th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Are you also using auto-levels in post-processing as this might be having an effect? It might also be affected by color management e.g. if the converted file is displayed using a different profile from the original.
I converted a few 300D raw files "As shot" on my system and the exposure looked the same as the originals.

cjepple
May 31st, 2005, 03:07 PM
I'm not intentially using auto-levels, but I'll go and double-check all my settings tonight. What I found strange was that the histogram in the RAW preview pane didn't match the histogram in the converted image. I suspect it's something in my settings since I think you would have heard about it if it was a common problem.

I do use color management and have a custom profile for my monitor, and generally shoot and work in sRGB. Nothing out of the ordinary. I'll be sure to post if I find the cause. Thanks,

Chris