PDA

View Full Version : DLPro quiting after several images

lpendy
June 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Hello,

First, I really like Downloader Pro (and BBPro). Great programs!

I've started to have an issue where DLPro will quit when downloading files. It happens very quickly, usually after several files were transfered. I've had this happen when downloading files from my laptop over a network and while tranferring images from an external USB hard drive. So far, it's not happened when transfering files from a USB CF reader.

Any ideas on why this is happening? BTW, I'm also using the Directory Maker plugin.

Thanks!
Lyle

Chris Breeze
June 20th, 2005, 08:26 AM
There have been problems with DLPro exiting due to interference from Google Desktop Search when using the auto rotate JPEG option in DLPro. The latest beta of DLPro contains code to prevent this. Can you try using DLPro v1.7 beta 1 to see if this helps? You can download it from:
http://www.breezesysforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533

lpendy
June 22nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks Chris,

Before you responded, I downloaded and used the Debug version posted in the other thread addressing this issue. I didn't see that thread before I posted, even after a search :)

Anyway, using the debug version, I didn't have any issues. BTW, I'm not using the Google Desktop Search so it must have been something else. One thing I did determine was that it was only happening with files from a Nikon D70 with Auto Rotate activated. It wasn't happening with the files from my D2H.

I'm going to install the Beta and see how that goes.

Thanks again!
Lyle

PGrig
July 6th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Hi Chris--

I was having the same problem as Lyle--DLP would download 3-7 images (some rotated and some not) and then stop. It was also having trouble holding its Preferences, and finding the card reader drive (in my case G:--it kept trying T:).
Installing the beta fixed those problems. I am running Google dsktp search-under XP Home. I think I've seen this problem once or twice before, but previously I would "re-start" DLP and it would finish just fine. I believe this evening's problem may be related to the fact that I had a lot of vertical images that needed rotating--not usual for me. :)
Cheers,
Paul in Winchester