PDA

View Full Version : IPTC in 7D MRW files

trfan
July 5th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Hello,

I am trying the demoversion of DL Pro (1.6.2) with my Minolta 7D raw files. Have entered all the IPTC fields, have checked the add IPTC... option.
Started DL Pro, it comes with the IPTC screen, ok.
Put a full cf card in the reader, downloaded all the files, the mrw files in the raw dir, the jpg's in the JPG dir.
Nothing special so far.

When I select the mrw in the CS1 (photoshop) file browser then I don't see any IPTC fields filled with the info. If I select the jpg all the fields are filled.

Question: is the demo version capable to put IPTC info inside 7D MRW files?
If No, is the full version capable?
I don't like separate files with this IPTC info, if you loose these files all the work is gone. When you convert a raw file the resulting file inherts this iptc info.

If the full version can do this I will buy this great product.

Regards,
Marc

Chris Breeze
July 6th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Downloader Pro doesn't store IPTC data in Konica Minolta raw files because there doesn't appear to be a standard way to do this. I'm planning to update DLPro to use Adobe's XMP format for storing IPTC data and this uses .xmp sidecar files for XMP data in raw files.

BreezeBrowser Pro already handles .xmp sidecar files associated with images and will rename, copy, move and delete them as a pair. I'm sure other apps will work this way as the XMP standard becomes more established.

trfan
July 6th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Hello Chris,

thanks for your answer. I will think about what my next step will be.

Regards,
Marc