PDA

View Full Version : Creating IPTC Data

GuyScharf
July 12th, 2005, 04:50 AM
I build some of my IPTC data from EXIF Nikon Maker Note fields using a batch file using EXIFUtils. I run that batch file after other processing of images. For example, I construct lens information by examining various EXIF Maker Note fields and place a constructed string it in the IPTC Source field, move ISO from maker notes to the appropriate EXIF field, etc. It would be nice if I could somehow incorporate that processing as part of DLPro transferring of files.

Is there any way to accomplish that using existing facilities?

Thanks.

Guy

Chris Breeze
July 12th, 2005, 07:11 AM
You can use any of the Downloader Pro tokens in the IPTC fields e.g. %i will store the ISO, %o the original filename, %K1 the focal length.

GuyScharf
July 12th, 2005, 02:01 PM
What I need goes beyond what DLPro supports in tokens. For example, to produce a string describing the lens, I have to examine several EXIF Nikon maker notes fields and do some IF logic on the results. My goal with ISO is to copy the ISO data from the maker note to the EXIF (not IPTC) field, which I don't think DLPro supports anyway.

Currently I do all this in an AWK script that drives EXIFUtils programs for retrieving data and then editing the files.

It appears there are no scripting capabilities in DLPro itself.

Is there any way to launch a batch file for each processed image so that I can run my existing script? Perhaps I am getting into plugin territory? What language are plugins written in?

Thanks.

Guy

Chris Breeze
July 12th, 2005, 03:29 PM
You could write a plug-in which fires off a script after each image is downloaded. The plug-ins are written in C++.