PDA

View Full Version : Improve My Work Flow

heathranger
July 12th, 2005, 08:36 AM
I use Downloader Pro to copy images from my Canon 10D using a USB2 card reader. I have been very pleased with the automated work flow with one exception, when I am confronted with downloading images from 2 cards (images taken on the same day). I get a status message stating “time difference” since downloade,r as I have configured it, generates duplicate file names i.e. from 0001crw. All my images are RAW files and I back up immediately to CD in Canon file format. I only dispense with the THM files when in Breeze Browser Pro. My Download Directory is C:\Photos\2005\%Y%m%D and the file name %Y%m%D_%N4 giving me new folders each download, with files in the format 20050709_0001.crw The resetting back to 0001 is my only problem. Can anyone offer any help or work round?

Chris Breeze
July 12th, 2005, 03:18 PM
You could replace %N4 with %R%N3 e.g. set the filename to %Y%m%D_%R%N3
(%R is the number of downloads performed today).

Alternatively use the image numbers generated by the camera e.g. %Y%m%D_%r

Or maybe include the time as well as the date e.g. %Y%m%D_%t_%r

heathranger
July 13th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Thank you Chris for your most helpful solutions to my problem. I have tried all 3 options and will introduce in my work flow _ %r from now on. This solution allows me to maintain a link to my original files backed up on CD, which is great. I realise I also have the date for this purpose but the individual file number is even better. Many thanks Heathranger