PDA

View Full Version : Download on HD and on ...

alvit
January 25th, 2005, 05:35 AM
my Firewire external HD???

Thanks
Av

Evo2Me
January 25th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks for what?

could you be a bit more precise as to what your problem is? I maen, to you question I can only say, "Yes?!"

Chris Breeze
January 25th, 2005, 08:26 AM
You can use the backup plug-in to make a backup copy of each image downloaded. The plug-in can be downloaded from:
http://www.breezesys.com/Downloader/support.htm

alvit
January 25th, 2005, 07:10 PM
BINGO!!!!!

Thank You Chris

The magic was F:%dir%%file%%ext%

Now I have a same time backup on another physical Hard Drive !!!!

And May be I'm asking too much but can I do F + G:%dir%%file%%ext%

I mean Two Backups on 2 HDs????

Av

Chris Breeze
January 26th, 2005, 07:52 AM
You can only use the backup plug-in to create one copy of the images.
It might be worth using a backup utility as this would also backup any edits you make. I've just started using Genie Backup Manager Pro (http://www.genie-soft.com) for my backups. I backup all my data to a separate USB 2.0 hard drive daily plus backups to DVDs every few days plus daily backups of important data to an internet based service.

roberte
January 27th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Chris,

Slightly OT. Have you found Genie Backup recognises when Breeze Browser changes IPTC in files, and so backups them up? Some backup apps don't see this - perhaps Windows isn't signalling any folder changes when only metadata is altered and the file isn't re-saved.

Thanks.

-- Robert.

Chris Breeze
January 27th, 2005, 09:29 AM
I haven't noticed any problems but haven't specifically tested for this. I have "Use archive flag in verification" unchecked in Genie Backup's preferences.

EB-1
June 19th, 2005, 12:02 AM
You can only use the backup plug-in to create one copy of the images.

Hi. I have been using BB for over two years and DL Pro since right after it was released. Both have been working well with few problems. Now I am in the sitution where three downloaded copies are desired. I.e., on site I would download to a notebook and make copies to two external 2.5" drives. One of the external drives would be carried off site straightaway (currently the one being backed up with the plug-in). Well, bad luck kicked in and some of the primary data was lost before I had the time to make a second copy. I am wondering if the new version, 1.7, or a future version will support 2 backup devices. Perhaps it is not feasible?

Thanks, EB

Chris Breeze
June 20th, 2005, 08:29 AM
You could use the new backup plug-in in DLPro v1.7 beta 1 to create the first backup and the BackupCopy plug-in (available from http://www.breezesys.com/Downloader/support.htm) to create the second backup copy.

EB-1
June 25th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Yes, it works great! For anyone else who uses a notebook and two USB drives targets in XP, I would advise to optimize for performance and enable disk write caching. Otherwise only one backup drive will be written to at time, slowing the operation considerably.

Is there any idea when the final v1.7 will be released?

EB

Chris Breeze
June 27th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Is there any idea when the final v1.7 will be released?
It's looking like next month now. I've been waiting for Canon to release a new PowerShot SDK but it appears to have been delayed. I'm hoping they will release the SDK later this week or early next week.