PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of anoying windows box.

rlphoto
July 27th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Everytime incert a new card the windows box opens. I got is shut off in the windows prefs, but it still keps coming up.

What to do?

Thanks

fety
July 28th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Umm... you need to re-explain your problem... it isn't very clear. Are you talking about a popup window? :confused:

Chris Breeze
July 28th, 2005, 08:51 AM
I think you are referring to the dialog lauched by AutoPlay on Windows XP when a card is inserted into the card reader. You can change the settings by right clicking on the drive in Windows Explorer, selecting Properties and then clicking on the AutoPlay tab. There is an option to do nothing, but I find Windows doesn't always honor this setting.

rlphoto
July 28th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I think you are referring to the dialog lauched by AutoPlay on Windows XP when a card is inserted into the card reader. You can change the settings by right clicking on the drive in Windows Explorer, selecting Properties and then clicking on the AutoPlay tab. There is an option to do nothing, but I find Windows doesn't always honor this setting.

Yes, this is the one, and I have already did the above. What next?

Chris Breeze
August 1st, 2005, 10:21 AM
On my system I set AutoPlay to launch Downloader Pro. I haven't managed to convince Windows to do nothing when a CD/DVD is inserted though and it really annoys me when I load a DVD full of photos and Windows insists on searching it for several minutes before deciding what to do. I think it may be a bug in Windows or an incorrect setting in the Windows registry.

rlphoto
August 1st, 2005, 12:20 PM
same here. wish I new a fix.

Gary_Berg
August 1st, 2005, 04:08 PM
When I connect my external HD, Windows XP starts looking at what to do. I just hit the ESC key (equivalent to clicking cancel) to stop the scan, and then hit ESC to the autostart menu.