PDA

View Full Version : Where are the old posts

Doc Starr
January 17th, 2005, 03:20 PM
If we want to see the posts to the old forum for answers to historical questions, where will we find those posts. Will they stay at Yahoo, or will they disappear at some time as that forum no longer seems to work.
:) Also I found this forum to be sort of hard to navigate. It took me awhile to find the Post option. Wouldn't it be better to have a button that says post and one that says reply, etc, than a dropdown menu that says Forum Tools. Posting is really not a tool, but an action.
Thanks,
Doc

Chris Breeze
January 17th, 2005, 03:48 PM
If we want to see the posts to the old forum for answers to historical questions, where will we find those posts. Will they stay at Yahoo, or will they disappear at some time as that forum no longer seems to work.
:) Also I found this forum to be sort of hard to navigate. It took me awhile to find the Post option. Wouldn't it be better to have a button that says post and one that says reply, etc, than a dropdown menu that says Forum Tools. Posting is really not a tool, but an action.
Thanks,
Doc

The old posts are still in the Yahoo forum. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to export them from Yahoo and make a copy.
Hopefully it won't take too long to get used to the way the new forum works.

Regards,

Chris

MaineFocus
January 17th, 2005, 03:49 PM
I do see buttons for post and reply. They don't show up until there's a thread. Before that you see the new thread button.

I don't think you need to rely on the drop-down menus; I'm using the default setup as far as I know. Did you change any settings?

Anyway, I'm sure we'll all get used to the new forum. I've been in a lot of these and it really does become second nature.

My guess is that Chris will leave the old posts where they are for a time. I've been a moderator over there and the data just isn't transferrable except by copy and paste. Yuck.

If it were I, I'd cancel all memberships to be sure posts didn't fall into the abyss there but leave the single moderator as member and allow non-member searching. I suspect eventually many of the same questions will come up here and make the old stuff obsolete anyway.