PDA

View Full Version : DL Pro doesn't recognize Canon G3

Gatorjwade
August 1st, 2005, 02:56 AM
I've had a problem for last several months where USUALLY my XP system doesn't recognize when I plug in my G3. (Although it used to work fine.) Even when connected, if I started DL Pro, it could not find it. Even tho, when I plugged it in to the USB port, the system made a little "ding" and the Device Mgr recognized it. However, today I think I found the REAL problem... in January I installed an HP 7310 multi-function printer/scanner/fax. I spent a few hours doing debug today (and probably 10 more hours over the last few months) and found that the WIA service was terminating with an error code 1067 when the system started up (right after networks came up). (You can tell WIA service status by entering the command "qc query stisvc"; mine said "STOPPED" with WIN32_EXIT_CODE 1067.) Eventually, I used the HP installed program to check the web for updates and there were 4 updates available, 2 of them "critical" for multi-function devices. I installed them, and the system now seems to be recognizing my camera.

Hope this saves someone else lots of time, and LOTS of frustration!

Gatorjwade
August 1st, 2005, 02:59 AM
sorry, specified incorrect command to enter in my original post.