PDA

View Full Version : DL Pro - what file checks does it perform

it's a lifestyle thing
August 10th, 2005, 10:30 AM
When DL Pro, copies and renames files (adding exif etc), what checks does it perform to verify the copy is a match for the original ???

Is it a thorough fool proof check ??? Or something simpler . . . what file errors if any might it catch. For example, I have seen unreadable files, and corrupt files. Corrupt files often open but have a unusal image within them to say the least.

Regards,
Kev

Gary_Berg
August 11th, 2005, 12:27 AM
I believe DL Pro checkes the date/time and name, and filesize if you allow it to.

cbeam2
August 22nd, 2005, 02:57 PM
I just purchased Downloader Pro. I first go around with it is not good. I have a bunch of unreadable files and others that are readable but the image is garbled. I never had this problem using Windows Explorer to copy.

There also doesn't seem to be much support around here. IMO

Chuck

Gary_Berg
August 22nd, 2005, 04:30 PM
Why didn't you try DL Pro to see if it worked for you? You get either 14 or 30 days to try it (I don't recall which). The whole idea of shareware is that you try before you buy...

Remember that Chris is 6-7 hours ahead of East Coast US time; he's in the UK. He's basically a one-man operation, and sometimes he just might take a little time off.

Unreadable files and/or garbled images? How about a little more detail. Calm down, remember we can't see your screen, and start from the beginning. Are you connecting via a cable to the camera or a card reader? Are all files garbled, or just a few?

I was on here last night, 6-7PM, and your messages weren't here then...

Chris Breeze
August 23rd, 2005, 10:18 AM
I just purchased Downloader Pro. I first go around with it is not good. I have a bunch of unreadable files and others that are readable but the image is garbled. I never had this problem using Windows Explorer to copy.

There also doesn't seem to be much support around here. IMO

Chuck
Can you give some more detail please? e.g. What type of files are you downloading, the camera model, the version of Windows, are you using a cardreader or downloading directly from the camera.

I've downloaded hundreds of thousands of images on several different computers and have never had a single failure.

cbeam2
August 23rd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Files in this folder were copied from two seperate computers so to be fair, I'll have to run some tests to try and duplicate the problem.

chuck