PDA

View Full Version : Diagonal Watermark ??

Paul Alford
August 23rd, 2005, 04:54 AM
Chris, is it possible to add a diagonal watermark to the next update for BB ? I like these other watermarks, but I am feeling I would prefer a diagonal text line now. Would that be possible ?

Thanks for all the hard work on all of the different programs.

Paul

Chris Breeze
August 23rd, 2005, 11:39 AM
If the text is fixed you could do this using an image for the watermark. If you save the watermark image as a GIF you can make the background transparent. Alternatively you could use an alpha channel and save the watermark image as a PNG file to make it blend better with the image (e.g. use the alpha channel to create a drop shadow).

Paul Alford
August 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks Chris. When you get a minute, anyway you can step by step HOW to make a diagonal transparent GIF ? I have been trying and cant seem to figure it out. I start with a RGB 800px layer (transparent), run opacity down to 30%, then save as a gif (with trans) and then run the BB proofer and select that gif and it doesnt show at all.

Thanks

Paul

** Nevermind Chris. I got it. I ran the 30% opacity in the layer back up to 100% and made the gif, then changed opacity in BB and that worked. Nice. I like the diagonal !!