PDA

View Full Version : files need special attention warning????

janrif
August 26th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I set DL/Pro to full automation & mostly it works like a charm BUT sometimes I get the above error & don't know why. DL/Pro also set to delete all files on card after d/l & when above msg appears it is accompanied by statement that those files cannot be deleted -- nor have they been d/l for some reason. Can someone explain this to me, pls. TIA _janrif

Chris Breeze
August 30th, 2005, 07:13 AM
This is usually caused by duplicate filenames/filename clashes (two files on the card which would download to the same filename) or exising files on your hard disk which have the same filename as the ones to be downloaded. The status line in the DLPro will show the download status and you can display more information by right clicking on the name and selecting "Download status".

dmtoddma
October 18th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I've just been sorting out this same issue and yes, the message referred to files that I had shot in "bracketing mode" that all showed the same time stamp down to the second. It looks like there are several ways to add an additional number to the transformed filename to generate unique names in this situation, but these all seem to be applied to all files that are transferred (a download sequence number or the last digit of the original file name, for example). Is there a way to only apply an additional digit or suffix when a duplicate time stamp is encountered without applying it to all files?

Thanks.

David