PDA

View Full Version : DLP subfolders ?

Cliff
September 5th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Hello,

Is there a way in DLP to create subdirectories using the folder plugin? I want to be able to create many folders and some of them I want to have subfolders such as a “selects” folder with a RAW and processed JPG folders as a subfolder of this. I do not want to download to any of these folders but just have the plug in create them for later on in my workflow.

Thanks,

Cliff

Chris Breeze
September 6th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Yes, this is exactly what the Directory Maker plug-in is designed to do. You can use it to create as many directories and subdirectories as you like.

Cliff
September 6th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reply Chris. Can you give me an example of what I would type in for creating a folder called selects with two subfolders called RAW and JPG. I have looked at the help files and it explains creating subfolders using ../selects/raw but the directory does not go where I want it.

Thanks for your help,

Cliff

Chris Breeze
September 7th, 2005, 07:56 AM
The ".." in ..\selects\raw means the parent diectory (i.e. go up a directory level).

e.g. If the image is downloaded to D:\Photos\2005-09-07 the directory maker plug-in would create the directory D:\Photos\selects\raw.

You probably want to use something like selects\raw which would create the directory D:\Photos\2005-09-07\selects\raw in the example above.