PDA

View Full Version : Request: Surface options for filetypes

martinlooker
September 6th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Hello any chance that the file extensions that Downloader Pro downloads could be surfaced so they are configurable ?

I realise that image features will only be supported by the original filetypes Downloader Pro understands.

I have a large number of files that are disorganised across a number of folders that I would like to sort into date based folders based upon the file date times. I know Downloader could do this if it were not restricted to image file types.

Chris Breeze
September 6th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I think this is beyond the scope of Downloader Pro. It wouldn't be able to extract any useful information from other file types other than the timestamp.

martinlooker
September 6th, 2005, 10:44 AM
That is all I'm looking for.

I realise it is not image based, but having used Downloader Pro I can see it potential to be able to do this if only I could change the filetypes. I've not been able to find another tool that would seem able to do this.

Any change of putting it in the registry or an ini file or even a tick box to process all (*.*) files in the options. Any token that cannot be evaluated could return an empty string (they might already do this I know you have some maker specific tokens that would not be supported by all cameras).

Pretty please ?

Chris Breeze
September 7th, 2005, 06:41 AM
I'll take a look to see how easy this is to do.
Tokens which don't have values return empty strings and so that shouldn't be a problem.

martinlooker
September 7th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks for looking :D