PDA

View Full Version : 1Ds Raw image display size

Paul Williamson
January 27th, 2005, 09:30 PM
When I capture in Raw-only mode with a 1Ds, the on-screen image is a small, fixed size. Capturing in JPEG (or previewing) the image fills the window, as I'd expect. Is it possible to (automatically) get a bigger view of a raw file?

One way is to set the camera in Raw+JPEG mode. DSLR Remote Pro then downloads both, displays the raw file briefly, then displays the JPEG file. That's fine. The program even knows that the two files represent a single image, so the Previous and Next buttons work correctly. However, the camera drops back into Raw-only mode if the Preview function is used.

I wish the program would set Raw+JPEG mode automatically, and then restore the original setting (just as it appears to set JPEG mode for the Preview function). This would give me the large view, and also solve the problem of dropping back into Raw-only after use of Preview. I also wish the program would (optionally) not store the JPEG in that case. Or, if the JPEG is needed for large views with the Previous and Next buttons, optionally delete them on program exit.

Certain other capture programs warn against using the Raw+JPEG mode, citing a Canon bug. I hope that warning doesn't apply to DSLR Remote Pro. Regardless, that's part of the reason why I'd like DSLR Remote Pro to restore the original Raw-only mode in my camera. The other part is that when I'm shooting non-tethered I have no need for the JPEG files and don't want to waste the space on the CF card.

Chris Breeze
January 28th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Sorry, this is bug in DSLR Remote Pro v1.0. It has been fixed in the latest beta version, DSLR Remote Pro v1.1 beta 5. This can be downloaded from:
http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/support.htm

Paul Williamson
January 30th, 2005, 06:34 AM
Yes, indeed, it's fixed in v1.1 beta 5. Thanks! This program is now definitely the superior solution for tethered operation of the 1Ds.