PDA

View Full Version : Owner's field in Canon G2

barvaz
September 27th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I recently noticed that the owner's field in my Canon G2 camera is blank so I tried to set it with Downloader Pro but it doesn't save - when I open again the "Camera Settings" it returns to be blank. This happens both with 1.6 and 1.7

Any idea what can the cause of this be ?

Thanks.

Chris Breeze
September 28th, 2005, 11:22 AM
I don't have a G2 for testing any more, but it sounds as though this is a problem with the Canon libraries not fully supporting older cameras. It's possible that the owner string is correctly set and is just not being displayed in the camera settings dialog. You can check this by downloading some images and viewing the shooting data using BreezeBrowser Pro. You should be able to use the original Canon Zoombrowser software that came with your camera if you can't set the owner string using DLPro.

barvaz
September 28th, 2005, 01:34 PM
No, the field is not set (it is set to some strange unicode character), this is how I got to try and change it in the first place :)

Unfortunately, I can’t find the disks that came with the camera and Canon doesn’t have Zoombrowser to download, only an update for it that required the original install.

I will search for the disks again, if I can find them I shall try with Zoombrowser.

If any G2 owner who is also DLPro user reads this, can you please try and change the owner’s field and see if it sticks? I would like to know if this a problem with my camera or simple incompatibility with the software, as Chris suspects.

Thanks