PDA

View Full Version : Error cd_STREAM_OPEN_ERROR

dukenut1
October 2nd, 2005, 11:50 AM
I have just installed the evaluation version of Downloader Pro, and using it with an EOS 20D. jpeg images download fine, but the raw (cr2) images fail with the following:
Error Downloading Image
Error Code: 0x30000A3
cd_STREAM_OPEN_ERROR

I am running on a fast machine with plenty of memory using Windows 2000 -- anybody have any ideas

Thanks
Allen

keff
October 2nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Allen,

Unless somebody knows exactly what this error is, then you are going to have to give a few more clues.

Steve

dukenut1
October 2nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Hi Steve

That's all the info the program gives me - if you need info on the pc or operating system - then I can provide. The Download Pro is the latest evaluation copy. Windows 200 is at SP4 with all security patches.
Another thing is that after downloading the jpeg files, I did a "Delete selected" - the selected being the jpeg files only and it deleted the raw (.cr2) files at the same time

Thanks
Allen

roine
October 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Hello

I also got that error with raw files from my 1D mk2 running XP home on a 2.8GHz Pentium processor.

The program stores a few kb of the file before it stops whit that error.

1.6.2 runs ok.

Got an answer from [email protected] that he can´t replicate the problem with his 1D mk2.

I have installed all the latest program found att www.powershot.com, the support pages there.

Roine

dukenut1
October 2nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
Roine

I am using the latest version 1.7 maybe it has the same problem as the version you had

Allen

roine
October 2nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Hello

I got the problem in 1.7, reverted to 1.6 version and it works again.

roine

dukenut1
October 2nd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Hi Roine
Thanks for the info - I'll see if I can get hold of an earlier version. I have reported the problem to support.

Allen

ferraris
October 14th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I'm getting the same problem. Just upgraded to the latest DL Pro (1.7) and WIA drivers off the Canon website with my new 5D getting the same error but only for RAW files (JPEGs processed normally).
I'm going to try an older version of DL Pro.

Simon

ferraris
October 14th, 2005, 07:09 PM
I'm getting the same problem. Just upgraded to the latest DL Pro (1.7) and WIA drivers off the Canon website with my new 5D getting the same error but only for RAW files (JPEGs processed normally).
This is under XP SP2.
I'm going to try an older version of DL Pro.

Simon

dukenut1
October 14th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I only have the problem with the raw files. Chris from Breezer says tht he may be releasing an interim sometime soon but he can't replicate the error. I have it both on xp sp2 and win2000 so it's not my pc or op sys. I would love to try an older version but don't know where to get one.

Thanks
Allen

ferraris
October 14th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Allen,

I tried v1.5 which worked fine. Uninstall your current version and check your private mail where I've sent you a link to this version.

Simon

dukenut1
October 14th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Hi Simon

Thanks for 1.5 I downloaded it and it runs perfectly.

Allen

thelaurels
October 26th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Downloader Pro V1.7

WinXP+SP2, VirusScan enterprise V8.0.0, Microsoft Antispyware.

I've just re-built my machine after a hard disk failure

Error Code: 0x030000A3
cdSTREAM_OPEN_ERROR

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Breeze
October 27th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Can you provide more information about your setup? Are you downloading from a card reader or the camera? If you're downloading from a camera which model is is and are you using the latest camera firmware and USB drivers (these can be downloaded from www.powershot.com)?
What version of Windows are you using?

thelaurels
October 28th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Camera EOS 20D Firmware 2.0.0 updated today to 2.0.3 problem still exists.
Card is a SanDisk Ultra 1GB
I am reading from the camera via the USB cable.
Card read correctly via a card reader.

Operating System is Windows XP Pro SP2 Version 2002
PC has 896MB RAM 250GB hard disc.

Thanks

Chris Breeze
October 31st, 2005, 09:40 AM
What settings are you using for the download directory and filename?

In testing my 20D has been 100% reliable (but slow) downloading via the USB cable to a Windows XP Pro system. I recommend using a USB 2.0 card reader as this is more three times faster than downloading from the camera and doesn't use up the camera's batteries.

TomPro
November 2nd, 2005, 08:43 PM
I also get this same error with v 1.7 that others have described.

My setup is AMD XP3200+, Win XP SP2 US-English, 1 Gb memory.
Camera EOS 350D, Sandisk 1Gb Ultra, firmware 1.0.2., downloading from camera to PC on a USB2.0 port

regards
Tom

Chris Breeze
November 3rd, 2005, 09:52 AM
I don't get this problem with my 350D with firmware v1.02 or v1.03 using Canon's WIA driver 5.6.0 on Windows XP Pro (on a variety of Intel and AMD systems).

It seems unlikely, but it's possible that the CF card is causing the problem because two people have mentioned using SanDisk 1Gb Ultra cards. I only have Lexar and Delkin CF cards and so I can't test this.

TomPro
November 3rd, 2005, 07:16 PM
I think I've found the error.

First I tested

The same happens with my spare Sandisk 256Mb (not Ultra II)
Does not happen with the bundled download sw from Canon. This works OK.
I installed DLPRO 1.7 on my office Dell Latitude D400, and there it works. Did nothing to the preferences.
I tested various preferences. I use "Save files as read-only". If I turn this off, it works!

By the way - I would have liked a toggle for read-only in BreezeBrowserPro as a right-click for selected images....

regards,
Tom

Chris Breeze
November 4th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Tom,

Thank you for trying this on another computer and tracing the problem to the "Save files as read-only" option. I tried it on my system and it is fine downloading JPEGs from the camera but gives the error when downloading raw files. Now I can reproduce the problem I can fix it in the next release.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Breeze
November 4th, 2005, 03:54 PM
This has been fixed in Downloader Pro v1.7.1 beta 1: http://www.breezesysforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3564#post3564