PDA

View Full Version : Black&White conversion

tirez
October 7th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Dear Chris, one of the many features I really like about BB is the immediate conversion of all images into b&w mode - but right now that is just a viewing mode; I would die for a feature that would batch convert all images really into black & white, with the high quality mode...

Chris Breeze
October 10th, 2005, 09:20 AM
You can do this if you use proofs to convert the raw files. If you are in B&W viewing mode proofs will convert the images to B&W and you can also apply the HQ sharpening.

tirez
October 17th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Dear Chris,
Thanks for the advice! I also found a workaround for BW conversion when I have only JPG images - I use your fantastic HTML-tool to generate. I only have to delete the webpages and the thumbnail-files and there are my converted, b&w, sharpened images.....
Herman :)

Gatorboy
October 17th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I also found a workaround for BW conversion when I have only JPG images - I use your fantastic HTML-tool to generate. I only have to delete the webpages and the thumbnail-files and there are my converted, b&w, sharpened images.....

Why don't you just tag the images you want (when viewing B&W) and run PROOFS... putting in large values for HxW so it doesn't resize your images? Nothing to delete with this method.

I would imagine this would work.

tirez
October 17th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks Dave,
You are right - using "Proofs" solves my problem too and helps a lot in my workflow; HTML code workaround is nice if you need two resolutions at the same time....
Herman ;)