PDA

View Full Version : Lost Tagged Images ... bug?

Gatorboy
October 10th, 2005, 11:55 PM
I selected a block of images to COPY into another folder. After starting the COPY, I decided to hit the CANCEL button. After doing so, ALL the images in the original folder that had been tagged were no longer. Now I have to go back and tag 617 images again, Grrrrr.....

Could this be a bug?

Chris Breeze
October 11th, 2005, 06:57 AM
I've tried to reproduce this and it appears to work correctly. I tagged half the images in a folder of 900 JPEGs and started copying them to another folder and then cancelled the copy before it completed. The tags in the source folder were OK and the files with tags that were copied to the destination folder were also tagged.
You do need to be careful with tags if you have more than one copy of BreezeBrowser Pro viewing the same folder as the tag file is only written when you leave the folder or exit BBPro.

Gatorboy
October 11th, 2005, 09:18 AM
I tagged half the images in a folder of 900 JPEGs and started copying them to another folder and then cancelled the copy before it completed.

Not sure it matters, but what I was copying was a mixture of tagged and untagged files. After I cancelled (after only about 15 files copied), the new folder had the tagged images tagged correctly, but the original directory had nothing tagged any longer.

One copy of BBPro running.

Chris Breeze
October 12th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I've tried various combinations of copying mixtures of tagged and untagged files and the tags in the source folder are always preserved. What I have found is that viewing a different folder in BBPro before the file copying has completed results in the tags not being copied to the destination folder. If this happens you can copy the tags from the source folder by displaying the destination folder in BBPro and selecting File->Tags->Load Tags... and then selecting the tagged_files.txt file from the source folder.