PDA

View Full Version : Can BB be used as an organizer?

peterm1
October 14th, 2005, 01:09 AM
I am checking out various organizer programs and have Elements 3.0 (too slow) and iMatch (bad user interface, can't show my video thumbnails). I tried out ACDSee, Portfolio, iView, Picasa, etc. but none of them were perfect. I have Downloader Pro and love it, but was wondering if I can use Breeze Browser Pro as an organizer. It does not seem to allow organizing photos into categories, except by helping reorganize my Windows folders, which I don't want to do. Using categories is crucial for me. I am not a pro, but have 10,000 or so photos and like to be able to go back in time to find a photo of a particular place or subject without guessing at where it might be.

I assume BB Pro would not be appropriate for this purpose, unless I am missing something?

Thanks,

Peter

Gary_Berg
October 14th, 2005, 01:17 AM
If you want categories, BB Pro isn't going to help you out, at least currently. It is folder oriented, and doesn't maintain a database.

I do some of what you want by organizing all my photos by year and month, and I assign significant names to each separate shoot inside of a month.

I personally use Thumbsplus as an organizer, but I frankly don't use it much myself. My wife makes use of it, and likes it quite a bit.

keff
October 14th, 2005, 12:11 PM
You could use links to create a category structure, but I would imagine that it would be a bit cumbersome. And, as already pointed out, it does not have searching.

Steve