PDA

View Full Version : "Error converting RAW file" after upgrade

maiaibing
October 16th, 2005, 02:00 PM
After upgrading to BB pro 1.3 I get a "Error converting RAW file" message everytime I try to convert a RAW file. It starts fine with the conversion (completing the first "bar"), but as soon as BB pro should start adjusting levels etc. and writing the file I always get the same error message.

1) I have tried converting several different RAW batches (including RAW-files that I have earlier succesfully converted with previous versions of BB pro). It is clearly not a camera file problem.

2) I have "repaired" BB pro

3) I have reinstalled BB pro

4) I have completely uninstalled BB pro, deleted all previous settings and folders, restarted, reinstalled BB pro, restarted again

Nothing helps!

1.3 is a real lemon to me...

Never had problems with BB pro before.

Any suggestion very welcome.

Max@Home
October 16th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Hi Maiaibing,

You might want to try again with the new Lens Correction feature turned off...

I get the same 'error while converting etc', at the same place/time in the RAW conversion process, but only if I set the new Lens Correction feature on...

If I set it off (uncheck box) conversion works like a charm ;-))

Hope this gets you back in business, for now,

*my* €0.02 worth,

Kindest regards,

Max@Home

Chris Breeze
October 17th, 2005, 08:39 AM
After upgrading to BB pro 1.3 I get a "Error converting RAW file" message everytime I try to convert a RAW file. It starts fine with the conversion (completing the first "bar"), but as soon as BB pro should start adjusting levels etc. and writing the file I always get the same error message.

1) I have tried converting several different RAW batches (including RAW-files that I have earlier succesfully converted with previous versions of BB pro). It is clearly not a camera file problem.

2) I have "repaired" BB pro

3) I have reinstalled BB pro

4) I have completely uninstalled BB pro, deleted all previous settings and folders, restarted, reinstalled BB pro, restarted again

Nothing helps!

1.3 is a real lemon to me...

Never had problems with BB pro before.

Any suggestion very welcome.

Please can you send me a screenshot of the raw conversion settings (including any post processing settings) you are using so that I can try to reproduce the problem on my system?