PDA

View Full Version : Problem Starting BB Pro 1.02

JonnyBeeFL
October 19th, 2005, 02:27 PM
A couple of days ago my BBPro stopped running, or more exactly stopped launching.
I'm running XP Pro with SP2 installed.
When I go to launch BBpro, the BBPro logo shows, then the program fails with several processes left running in Task Manager.
Oddly enough, If I shutdown & switch users, it launches correctly.
I tried using the BBUtil reset, the Repair Installation in Add/Remove, and reinstalling completely, no diff.
I'm 75% convined its a corrupt registry key. Oh well, over my head, any ideas?

:mad:

I 'miss' my BBPro.... :(

thanks for any ideas

Chris Breeze
October 20th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Please can you try installing the latest version, BreezeBrowser Pro v1.3. This is a free upgrade for registered users and can be downloaded from http://www.breezesys.com/downloads.htm

JonnyBeeFL
October 20th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Hi Chris

Still the same. The primary Local Account can't run BreezeBrowsePro. The size of the processes left running in Task Manager changed slightly. The smaller process is now 304 K, instead of 361K. I think the program is getting stalled (so as to speak) The larger process eats 98-99% of processor cycles.

I experimented a bit this morning. I can run it in the main profile, by using the "run as" option, and naming one of the other profiles. Its pretty awkward, but it works at least... BTW, the primary local account is an Administrator.

:confused:

jb

JonnyBeeFL
October 20th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Hi Chris

Still the same. The primary Local Account can't run BreezeBrowsePro. The size of the processes left running in Task Manager changed slightly. The smaller process is now 304 K, instead of 361K. I think the program is getting stalled (so as to speak) The larger process eats 98-99% of processor cycles.

I experimented a bit this morning. I can run it in the main profile, by using the "run as" option, and naming one of the other profiles. Its pretty awkward, but it works at least... BTW, the primary local account is an Administrator.

:confused:

jb

Chris Breeze
October 21st, 2005, 10:06 AM
Very strange. It sounds as though it is either a BBPro configuration problem for your main account or that there are other apps installed for the account which are somehow interacting with BBPro and causing it to fail.

If it worked a few days ago and now doesn't it might be worth going back to a system restore point when it did work. Clearly something must have changed in the last few days to cause the problem but it is odd that it only affects one account.

You could try manually deleting the registry key where BBPro stores it defaults (this is basically what BBUtil does). The registry key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\BreezeBro wserPro\100