PDA

View Full Version : Suffix only for images with identical times?

dmtoddma
October 22nd, 2005, 02:36 AM
When I use bracketing mode I get two or three images that have the same time stamp, down to the second and, unfortunately, I don't have a nikon that will report subseconds. This doesn't happen very often and I hate to use the option to add additional characters from a counter or the original file name to all of my file names--I already use the date and time and that's hard enough to work with. Is there some way to only apply an additional character/digit when a duplicate time is found among the files on the source and not to apply it to all files?

Thanks.

David Todd

Chris Breeze
October 24th, 2005, 09:25 AM
There isn't a way to add a suffix only for those images that are taken within the same second.

If you're using a Canon 1D series camera you could use %r8 to read the camera's image counter. This will give a unique number for each shot.

dmtoddma
October 25th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. Would you please consider as an enhancement adding a counter to images taken within the same second?

Chris Breeze
October 26th, 2005, 06:32 AM
I'll look at it but it depends on whether it can be done without slowing DLPro down too much.

dmtoddma
October 30th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Perhaps users would have to understand that this option should only be invoked when the batch of images they are downloading includes multiple images within the same minute, and that to invoke it in general, especially with large batches, would affect the speed of DL Pro.

Thanks.

David