PDA

View Full Version : Why does breezebrowser want access to the internet?

Paul Wood
October 22nd, 2005, 10:08 PM
My McAfee firewall says:

"The application BreezeBrowser Pro has changed since you first gave it access to the Internet. Do you still want to let it access the internet?"

What is it trying to do?

RServranckx
October 22nd, 2005, 10:45 PM
See this thread (http://www.breezesysforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751&highlight=internet)

Rob

Paul Wood
October 22nd, 2005, 11:33 PM
See this thread (http://www.breezesysforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751&highlight=internet)

Rob

I did. It didn't really answer the question, just that it stopped popping up once he told the firewall it was ok.

I'd just like to know why it wanted access to the internet in the first place.

Chris Breeze
October 23rd, 2005, 08:16 AM
BreezeBrowser Pro will never access the internet unless you ask it to. The only times this happens are:

If you select "Check for updates" from the help menu in which case it asks your web browser to open the updates web page
If you email images in which case it creates a temporary JPEG image and passes it to your email client for emailing

The message you're getting probably means that your firewall has detected that some of the BBPro files have changed after installing a newer version. None of our products ever accesses the internet unless you ask them to.

Paul Wood
November 5th, 2006, 10:52 PM
BreezeBrowser Pro will never access the internet unless you ask it to. The only times this happens are:

If you select "Check for updates" from the help menu in which case it asks your web browser to open the updates web page
If you email images in which case it creates a temporary JPEG image and passes it to your email client for emailing

The message you're getting probably means that your firewall has detected that some of the BBPro files have changed after installing a newer version. None of our products ever accesses the internet unless you ask them to.

I haven't installed a new version in months.
I got this message on startup (NOT when checking for an update).

http://www.paulwoodphotography.com/bb-internet.jpg

Why does Breezebrowser want to access the internet?

Chris Breeze
November 8th, 2006, 04:43 AM
BreezeBrowser Pro does not access the internet unless you specifically ask it to by checking for updates. I don't get any warnings from my firewall. I tried downloading Zone Alarm only to find it caused my PC to freeze...
... two hours later I managed to remove Zone Alarm and get the PC working again.
Please can you try uninstalling and reinstalling BBPro to see if that makes any difference.

rchuri
November 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I use ZoneAlarm and have not had BBPro try to access the internet.
Open the Zone Alarm Menu window and select "Program Control".
Then select the PROGRAMS tab. You should see BBPro listed.
In my configuration, a "?" is next to BBPro. This means that when BBPro
attempts to access the internet, Zone Alarm will ask the user.
And I have never been asked.
Bob

Paul Wood
November 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Open the Zone Alarm Menu window and select "Program Control".
Then select the PROGRAMS tab. You should see BBPro listed.
In my configuration, a "?" is next to BBPro. This means that when BBPro
attempts to access the internet, Zone Alarm will ask the user.
And I have never been asked.
Bob

Um, I'm pretty sure that's why I was asked.

I noticed that under "My Network Places" in the folders view is "My Web Sites on MSN" (which, by the way, is not something I use and probably another useless Microsoft automatically installed add-on).

When I clicked on that folder, Zone Alarm asked me again if Breezebrowser could access the internet. I suspect that is what the initial access attempt was.