PDA

View Full Version : Access Violation

drhubb
October 25th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Chris,
Recently d/l & installed BreezeBrowserPro 1.3. No problems until tonight. D/l 2cf cards w/ DownloaderPro, opened folder up via shortcut, images ok as thumbnails. Problem is that when I viewed "view actual image" & tried to exit, got the following message: ERROR:ACCESS VIOLATION OF 0x0357CE88(tried to write to *x********), PROGRAM TERMINATED.

Tried to view actual image on several other images on both cf cards and got the same error message (the write to changed w/ each image). CF cards were removed from card reader after d/l but before viewing. (ADDED: problem appears to be only w/ jpg. Just tried a raw Cr2 file, no problem)

Tried opening BBP from shortcut on desktop, but same error.

Suggestions?

drhubb

Chris Breeze
October 25th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Are you trying to view the images directly from the CF card in the card reader or from your hard disk?
"View actual image" definitely works with JPEGs from my 350D, 20D, 1D Mark II and 5D cameras on my WinXP Pro system. I use "View actual image" to view JPEG images dozens of times every day and have never had any problems. Please can you send me a copy of one of the JPEGs that fails on your system?

drhubb
October 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Chris,

Images were d/l into folders on hard drive. This morning, was going to uninstall BBP 1.3 & then re-install to see if that would solve the problem. Before doing this however, I tried BBP on the same folders from last night.
Today I had no problems w/ jpgs or the raw files. Went thru 15-20 images opening & closing from "viewactual image", no problem. Even converted several raw images & then opened /closed - no problem.

Will shoot some pix tonight, d/l with D/L Pro, open BBP from D/L Pro and see if problem resurfaces. Hopefully, it was a rare incident. Will let you know results.

Thanks for the fast reply.

drhubb

jmateboer
October 28th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Yesterday I recieved some JPEGS from a customer. While viewing the folder with Breezebrowser it gave an Access violation while changing the size of the thumbnails (view).

One of the pictures gave a red cross as thumbnail. When I opened this image with Photoshop it said that the embedded ICC profile was invalid. Photoshop ignored it and opened the image.

Chris Breeze
October 28th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Please can you send me a copy of the image ([email protected]).
Handling corrupted data is very difficult because it can produce unexpected results.