PDA

View Full Version : Chroma aberration in BreezeBrowser Pro

Stefan
October 27th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Dear Chris,
first I have to say that you are doing an extraordinately good work with BreezeBrowser Pro. For me it is the best available RAW-Converter for Canon RAW files I found and I tried a lot...

My suggestion for improving the performance would be the incorporation of an adjustable chroma aberrations add-on, like in Photoshop CS to get the annoying red and green (sometimes blue) fringes on sharp boarders in the image smaller or even to disappear.

Maybe the "False resolution filter" has some effect or the "False colour filter" but I am not able to find any hint in the HELP to check what these two checkboxes will do with the image druing conversion.

Best regards,
Stefan

Chris Breeze
October 27th, 2005, 05:26 PM
The false colour filter definitely made a difference to D30 raw conversions but I'm not sure how much difference it makes to more recent cameras. Canon appear to have dropped it or built it in to the raw conversion for current cameras. It's possible Canon will add some code to correct for chromatic aberation in a future version of their raw conversion libraries.

Stefan
October 27th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Dear Chris,
please post some additional comments to:

"My suggestion for improving the performance would be the incorporation of an adjustable chroma aberrations add-on, like in Photoshop CS to get the annoying red and green (sometimes blue) fringes on sharp boarders in the image smaller or even to disappear."

Thanks,
Stefan

Chris Breeze
October 28th, 2005, 10:50 AM
I have no plans to add this at the moment but I will see wether there are any libraries available which do this. If Canon add something like this to their raw conversion libraries I will of course make it available in BreezeBrowser Pro.