PDA

View Full Version : token not working anymore

derek
November 7th, 2005, 09:08 AM
hi

I just noticed that %J token isn't working anymore. I insert it into Job ID and I haven't noticed when it stopped working. anybody else have this problem?

thanks

derek

ps: using v1.7

Chris Breeze
November 8th, 2005, 07:24 AM
I use it virtually every day and it's definitely working on my system.
The "prompt for job code every time DLPro is run" option only works if the %J token is used in the filename, directory or IPTC data.
Please can you check your settings and provide more details if you are still having problems.

derek
November 8th, 2005, 07:41 AM
hi chris

I use the %J token everywhere. Folder creates and file names w/%J and it does work except in the IPTC data. sorry I wasn't clearer before.

inside the .cr2, the IPTC field is blank(but I have %J in that specific field in DLPro1.7)

I do know that it worked, and I do not know when it stopped working..

hope that helps..

thanks

derek

Chris Breeze
November 9th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the additional information. I tested this with some raw and JPEGs from my 20D and couldn't find anything wrong.

Please could you check that "Add NAA/IPTC data to downloaded images" is set in the General section of DLPro's preferences?

derek
November 9th, 2005, 02:25 PM
hi chris

I had a thought and checked with BB and JobID is being written(sorry) but the metadata field in Adobe Bridge "Job Identifier" is blank(should it be filled?).. anyway, after a bit of investigation, it seems that DLPro has a problem writing the data to every file(cr2)..

I've only checked the raw data but for example the card I just downloaded the first 13 images, no IPTC(nothing) data was written, image14(IPTC), image15(no IPTC), 16(IPTC), 23 & 24(noIPTC), 25(IPTC). no real pattern I can detect..

in all cases IPTC field "Job Identifier" in bridge/pscs2 does not show up even if the other IPTC data was written, when the data is written -using BB1.3 can I see the IPTC "JobID" field. to clarify(I woke up 04.30am) because this sounds confusing, am I assuming incorrectly that "JobID" does not equal "Job Identifier" - because I was sure it worked before..?

thanks

derek

Chris Breeze
November 10th, 2005, 07:54 AM
I don't know whether Adobe Bridge can read IPTC data from CR2 files (I haven't upgraded from CS to CS2 yet and so can't test this at the moment). On my system I can read the IPTC data added by DLPro from all the files using BBPro.

Adobe use different names for several IPTC fields. Adobe's "Job Identifier" is the same as the IPTC's "Original Transmission Reference".

derek
November 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I don't know whether Adobe Bridge can read IPTC data from CR2 files YES it can
I checked again(after a good nights sleep).. and it is missing files..
what could be the problem? ...I just checked some jobs I did last week, and its not occuring... so maybe it was a one-time thing, or one of my cards is going..

sorry... :rolleyes:

Adobe's "Job Identifier" is the same as the IPTC's "Original Transmission Reference".
DLPro JOBID = what in AdobeIPTC?

thanks

derek

Chris Breeze
November 11th, 2005, 09:20 AM
DLPro JOBID = what in AdobeIPTC?
Photoshop CS appears to ignore this field.
DLPro and BBPro use the fields names defined in the IPTC IIM standard. The easiest way to find the Adobe equivalents is to enter the field name in BBPro for each field and then view it in Photoshop.