Thread: Roaming Photography Equipment and Setup

Default Roaming Photography Equipment and Setup

I am looking at options and equipment for roaming photography. I would like to keep using NKRemote if possible but can switch gears if needed.
    I see where most companies have the photographer carrying a backpack which is storing I would assume a tablet or laptop and hot spot if needed. I also see where the photographers are carrying a iPad or tablet in front of them allowing the guests to send their pics to Facebook etc...

I don't see any reason to have two iPads or tablets. There must be a way to have my Nikon connected to a iPad or tablet in front of me which would be running Breeze software. I understand that any iPad or tablet must have at least 1 USB port. I am not sure what brand and model of iPad/tablet would work. Most of what I have found on the net is where companies have created proprietary software.

I am running Breeze Kiosk on a MSI touch screen computer but use that for photo booth and green screen events. I would rather not use the MSI for roaming and have it accessible on the iPad or tablet.

If you have any suggestions on specific iPads/tablets, setups and equipment please share.

You could use a Windows tablet (e.g. a Microsoft Surface Pro) running NKRemote and connect the camera via USB.

Yes, that was a thought. Tablet or laptop brings up another question Chris.
    Is there a way to take 1 photo not using the f4 function but rather using the button on the camera itself. The tablet or laptop will be concealed as the photographer moves around so it would be impossible for the photographer to activate the session using the tablet or laptop. There must be a way to write a Hotkey script for that, but unfortunately I have not idea where to begin.

You can shoot tethered using NKRemote in normal, non-photo booth mode. This will allow you to compose and take photos by pressing the shutter release on the camera and they will be automatically downloaded to the computer. You could then use our Hotfolder Prints software to monitor the download folder and automatically create a page layout ready for sharing (and optionally print it out automatically).

AHK script sending F4 works for me in a full screen mode to bypass pressing anything.

Send F4

return

something like that, I can't remember exactly now but it's super simply and easy to find if you google it

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    You can shoot tethered using NKRemote in normal, non-photo booth mode. This will allow you to compose and take photos by pressing the shutter release on the camera and they will be automatically downloaded to the computer. You could then use our Hotfolder Prints software to monitor the download folder and automatically create a page layout ready for sharing (and optionally print it out automatically).
    Shooting in tethered is exactly what I need. I tried it and works great. I still need the ability to drop a overlay on the photo before print. Is there a way to do that in tethered mode? I am hoping there is a way otherwise I will have to buy a USB button that I can program for F4.