PDA

View Full Version : new feature idea- automatically upload photo strip to web site or email

rolland_elliott
January 26th, 2009, 04:23 AM
In the next version it would be very cool if the software could automatically email the photostrip taken to a person's email account or to a web site.

Maybe people could input their email address via a touch screen monitor before the program would let them take the photo.

Thanks, Rolland

rolland_elliott
January 28th, 2009, 04:38 PM
is anyone using a printer driver that has a very low resolution like 72 ppi? I suppose I could make a custom paper size for the epson r280 like 0.5" x 2" to give an output resolution of around 300pixels by 1200 pixels and that way the files would not be that big to email? With psremote making a default resolution of around 600 pixels per inch the files can get quite large and possibly not go through the email server.

alicpala
September 30th, 2009, 12:13 PM
In the next version it would be very cool if the software could automatically email the photostrip taken to a person's email account or to a web site.

Maybe people could input their email address via a touch screen monitor before the program would let them take the photo.

Thanks, Rolland

That would be wonderful indeed! 'Was just about to order Eye-Fi to try and incorporate with our photo booth to get this feature. ;)

Chris Breeze
September 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM
PDF Creator is free and lets you set the resolution to 72 dpi and to define custom page sizes.

alexsiskahn
September 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
eyefi will work only on the individual images, and it will not send to individual email addresses only an internet site like dotphoto.com

Qapla
October 8th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Thechnology is a wonderfull thing. Just think of all the things we can now do that we could not do just a few years ago.

We can get cell phone calls with custom ringtones while we are in a public restroom...

We can tweet our every movement while we should be working...

We can send text messages from our phone while we drive...

We can ... well, you get the picture.

Just because there may be technology to do something, does not mean we should do it.

When I am at an event with the booth, I want the users to be able to get the most use out of it they can. I do not want people to have to wait while someone tries to enter their email adress (over and over before they get it right) and I do not want to have to worry about having internet connection in addition to the other concerns of working the event.

I would just as soon burn a cd/dvd for the event as I break down and leave that with the renters ... then post the pictures on a website and let them access it at their own timeframe instead of me trying to email all their guests.

Since the people who would want coppies/downloads of the picture are at the event - they do not need "live" posting of the pictures.

This is just me ... maybe some would think that live posting would be the best thing since sliced bread ... I hope they don't also text while driving.

inabooth
July 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I would love to see a option to have a button on screen to "email yourself the photostrip" maybe after the sequence is done a preview pops up and gives you the option to email the strip to yourself that times out after 30 seconds.

directsound
July 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM
The Name and Email option would be great for marketing as now you have a way to market with everyone that already knows about your service and you can send them a copy of there pic with your email when adderssing them.

My Partyboothapp Photo Booth software I use for a backup to Breezesys uses my web cam if I ever have an issue with the software has this feature and I use it from time to time although it takes up more time I seem to find it easer to have the clients input there info on my backup computer on a spread sheet while there in line and not taking up time in the booth

MM

inabooth
July 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I've seen that program. Too bad you have to use a webcam. I refuse to use a webcam because the pictures are crap.

directsound
July 14th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Yes I use it as a back up as it look close to my Breezesys setup My back up cam DSLR is a Canon XTI without Live view so Id rather use the Party app in a backup condition to my Canon XS DSLR

MM

Chris Breeze
July 15th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Getting the user to enter their email address could be difficult. If you let people use a keyboard there's a risk that someone will find a way to quit the app and mess with the computer. It might be simpler to have a computer outside where users or the booth operator can email the pictures. That way you'd also avoid people spending too long in the booth and causing queues to build up outside.

Qapla
July 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Having a separate app. on a separate computer would allow for two benefits over an on screen addition to the photobooth software"

1) It would get people out of the booth while entering their email so they are not causing unwanted delays in the line

2) If you are working a venue that does not have a live internet connection, you would be able to have them enter their email address and have it send them later when you do go online.

inabooth
July 16th, 2010, 05:08 AM
The onscreen keyboard would only be keys that could be in the email address. Not the {ESC} key or any other speacial keys. As for the internet connection, I would be using a mobile hotspot through Verizon. It has service almost anywhere.

Qapla
July 16th, 2010, 12:50 PM
The onscreen keyboard ... As for the internet connection, I would be using...

Not everyone has a touchscreen and it is a bit difficult to disable the other keys on a physical keyboard.

Also, note the use of the personal pronoun. Note everyone has internet access "almost anywhere" (you could end up in one of those almost areas)

This addition would be a lot of work for Chris and if you notice, this is a rather old thread that very few people posted on (11 total posts by 6 users and 2 comments by Chris). In fact, since you posted, only three people (other than Chris) have had anything to say and one of those has not been in favor of the this as a critical needed update (:cool:). That would seem to indicate that Chris could better use his programming time and skills working on features that are much more popular.

digitalbuilt
July 18th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Well I think it would be a nice feature to include as an option. I just had a client request exactly this feature for a booth.

Brian Peterson
July 18th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'd recommend networking a second computer to your photo booth, share the folder where the pictures are with the second computer and then log that one onto the internet. Don't tie up the photo booth with people entering their email address, passwords etc, get them out of there and have them do it from a second laptop. And then you can use any upload software you want.

lbaird
July 18th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I think people would be spending way to much time in the booth, direct them to your website and sell them copies.

inabooth
July 19th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Not everyone has a touchscreen and it is a bit difficult to disable the other keys on a physical keyboard.

Also, note the use of the personal pronoun. Note everyone has internet access "almost anywhere" (you could end up in one of those almost areas)

This addition would be a lot of work for Chris and if you notice, this is a rather old thread that very few people posted on (11 total posts by 6 users and 2 comments by Chris). In fact, since you posted, only three people (other than Chris) have had anything to say and one of those has not been in favor of the this as a critical needed update (:cool:). That would seem to indicate that Chris could better use his programming time and skills working on features that are much more popular.

It would be an "OPTION", not everyone would have to use it and there is no reason you couldn't get a wireless card if you wanted to use the "OPTION" I am not the only person with a touch screen and I am not the only person with a wireless card. Just because you don't use either, doesn't mean you need to get snotty with me.

Qapla
July 20th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to sound "snooty". Guess I had a bad day.

Please note, though, that between my post and your, there are 3 posts. 1 liked the option, 2 were not in favor of an in-booth email option.

Perhaps, the leaning of the nay's against the aye's and the additional work for Chris is why the option is not there.

The separate computer/app seems to be not only more popular, it would also be much easier to do.

inabooth
July 20th, 2010, 03:27 AM
I guess I will have to write my own code for this one.

jfreeman1412
September 9th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Inabooth
Did you ever get this to work? I would love to have an easy option for this. To me this is a no brainer. I don't know why everyone worries about how long someone is in the booth....We rent the booth out for a certian amount of hours and as many pictures as they can go through are free. If you client didn't want this option they could tell you. But the email addresses and the interaction of this would be priceless. Not to mention the contact information that the customer has forever in his/her email box. The longer someone stays in your booth the less prints you are printing and the more money you are making. And who knows they might even extend the rental by another hour. It's better than telling the other people in the booth that they have to pay for another strip of they want one. I would encourage this is a future release or if someone has a Script that they are willing to share that would be sweet. Lets figure this out.

JoseG
September 9th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I have my booth set up using the DSLR Pro and Hot Folder Prints (for email). I use a combination of physical arcade buttons and a touchscreen. Guests enter the booth select that they want Color, B/W, or Vidoo Message. The next screen lets them email the photo to themsleves or opt out. Then 4 photos are taken, etc. It works great. I find people with emails love the idea and don't mind leaving using this feature.

The cool thing is I set up a seperate Gmail account to use as the email service. So by looking to see how many emails were sent I have a good idea of the popularity of this feature. This is a great marketing tool. The email they "send themselves" has a message thanking them for using the booth and informing them that the photos will be available online to view or purchase. I also let them know to expect a second email once the photos are uploaded to the gallery.

For bridal expos and other promotional events, the second email contains an opt-in option that gives me permission to send them other information.

I use a sprint mi-fi hot spot and that works great.

All I can say is that the guests love it and use it.

Jose G

jfreeman1412
September 10th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Jose
Are you using a script to do that out of hot folder or is that an option in the program?

JoseG
September 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
No script. Its all done within Hot Prints folder. Pretty simple to set-up

jfreeman1412
September 21st, 2011, 07:16 PM
Is it possible and if so how would one go about sending the photos to the {user Token} and another email address? What would it look like? Tried a few different options with no success.