• Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    rolland_elliott
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    rolland_elliott is offlineBanned

Default new feature idea- automatically upload photo strip to web site or email

In the next version it would be very cool if the software could automatically email the photostrip taken to a person's email account or to a web site.

Maybe people could input their email address via a touch screen monitor before the program would let them take the photo.

Thanks, Rolland
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

rolland_elliott
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    rolland_elliott is offlineBanned

is anyone using a printer driver that has a very low resolution like 72 ppi? I suppose I could make a custom paper size for the epson r280 like 0.5" x 2" to give an output resolution of around 300pixels by 1200 pixels and that way the files would not be that big to email? With psremote making a default resolution of around 600 pixels per inch the files can get quite large and possibly not go through the email server.

alicpala
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    alicpala is offlineJunior Member

QuoteOriginally Posted by rolland_elliott View Post
    In the next version it would be very cool if the software could automatically email the photostrip taken to a person's email account or to a web site.

Maybe people could input their email address via a touch screen monitor before the program would let them take the photo.

Thanks, Rolland
    That would be wonderful indeed! 'Was just about to order Eye-Fi to try and incorporate with our photo booth to get this feature.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

PDF Creator is free and lets you set the resolution to 72 dpi and to define custom page sizes.

alexsiskahn
    alexsiskahn is offlineSenior Member

Default eyefi is limited.

eyefi will work only on the individual images, and it will not send to individual email addresses only an internet site like dotphoto.com

Qapla
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    Qapla is offlineMember

Thechnology is a wonderfull thing. Just think of all the things we can now do that we could not do just a few years ago.

We can get cell phone calls with custom ringtones while we are in a public restroom...

We can tweet our every movement while we should be working...

We can send text messages from our phone while we drive...

We can ... well, you get the picture.

Just because there may be technology to do something, does not mean we should do it.

When I am at an event with the booth, I want the users to be able to get the most use out of it they can. I do not want people to have to wait while someone tries to enter their email adress (over and over before they get it right) and I do not want to have to worry about having internet connection in addition to the other concerns of working the event.

I would just as soon burn a cd/dvd for the event as I break down and leave that with the renters ... then post the pictures on a website and let them access it at their own timeframe instead of me trying to email all their guests.

Since the people who would want coppies/downloads of the picture are at the event - they do not need "live" posting of the pictures.

This is just me ... maybe some would think that live posting would be the best thing since sliced bread ... I hope they don't also text while driving.

inabooth
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    inabooth is offlineMember

I would love to see a option to have a button on screen to "email yourself the photostrip" maybe after the sequence is done a preview pops up and gives you the option to email the strip to yourself that times out after 30 seconds.

directsound
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • Visit Homepage
    directsound is offlineJunior Member

The Name and Email option would be great for marketing as now you have a way to market with everyone that already knows about your service and you can send them a copy of there pic with your email when adderssing them.

My Partyboothapp Photo Booth software I use for a backup to Breezesys uses my web cam if I ever have an issue with the software has this feature and I use it from time to time although it takes up more time I seem to find it easer to have the clients input there info on my backup computer on a spread sheet while there in line and not taking up time in the booth

MM

inabooth
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    inabooth is offlineMember

Yeah, I've seen that program. Too bad you have to use a webcam. I refuse to use a webcam because the pictures are crap.

directsound
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • Visit Homepage
    directsound is offlineJunior Member

Yes I use it as a back up as it look close to my Breezesys setup My back up cam DSLR is a Canon XTI without Live view so Id rather use the Party app in a backup condition to my Canon XS DSLR

MM

+ Reply to Thread