PDA

View Full Version : future of BB pro

janvg
January 22nd, 2005, 12:29 PM
Chris,
Can you tell us something more about the direction BBP will be going in the future? Which new features can we expect?

Chris Breeze
January 24th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I'm currently working on image ranking and then plan to enhance the raw conversion (e.g. saving settings, batch conversion, cropping).

RRRoger
January 24th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hi Chris,

I understand that there is a BBPro v1.1 version. Where can I download files?

Evo2Me
January 24th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I understand that there is a BBPro v1.1 version. Where can I download files?

1.0.1, right on the home page of BreezeSystems.

RRRoger
January 27th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Yes, sign me up for the class.

Thanks, Roger M.

olearydj
January 27th, 2005, 11:14 PM
And you are going to release BBP 1.1 as soon as the image ranking work is done, right?! Pretty please?! :D :D :D

Chris Breeze
January 28th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I hope to have a beta version with ranking soon. I'd prefer to release it as a beta and get some feedback.
BTW I'll be out of the office all next week and hope to have the beta ready in about two week's time.

gunars
January 28th, 2005, 05:21 PM
What I'd like to see is the ability to assign a rank of say 1 to 5 to each image with facilities to copy/move images with a particular rank. A filtered display by rank (i.e. show only images that are rank 2, show all unranked images, etc) would be useful. (Yes, this is similar to what Pixort does.)

Hogleg 44
February 10th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I'm currently working on image ranking and then plan to enhance the raw conversion (e.g. saving settings, batch conversion, cropping).

Chris,

Could you expand a little on your plans to "enhance the raw conversion".

I am considering upgrading to Pro. I really like your conversion output but it takes so long.
I have a P4, 2.4, 1GB ram, XP Home, in a Raid-0 configuration.
Last night I converted about 70+ 1DmkII images and it took nearly 2 hours total. The average image conversion time was 69 seconds. Then I had to go back and separately convert another 6 images with different exposures one at a time. The conversion time wouldn't be a problem if I could get back to my desktop and work on something else. I can't minimize your program. I have to bring other items over top of it. The conversion process pretty much takes over my computer and makes it really too slow to do anything else.

Is it me...Am I doing something wrong? If it isn't me, will my issues be improved with the planned enhancements?

Please comment...

Thanks,

Chris Breeze
February 10th, 2005, 03:32 PM
69 secs per image sounds way too long. My 2.4GHz AMD WinXP Pro PC takes approximately 14 secs per image to convert 1D Mark II raw files to JPEGs with no post processing. Smart noise reduction and post processing (resizing, levels, sharpening etc.) will add to the conversion time.
My 3.0GHz Pentium HT system takes around 10 secs per image. Both PCs have 1Gb RAM.

Hogleg 44
February 10th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Well, I did have some various levels of the post processing applied. I was trying to prepare them for uploading to a website without any further work. I guess I'll have to try it with none and see what it does.

Chris Breeze
February 11th, 2005, 10:38 AM
The smart noise reduction can be quite slow on large files. I tend to only use it on high ISO shots where noise is a problem.

alhayne
April 2nd, 2005, 01:59 AM
Chris,

You mentioned cropping as a future feature of BBPro. Unless I missed it, it's not in the current version of BBPro, right?

This is a feature that woud be very helpful. Right now, I switch to Photoshop to see how an image looks cropped. It would be great if I could do this in BBPro. I probably wouldn't save the crop, but I'd like to see if an image would work when it was cropped. Then I'd probably do the actual cropping along with any other image adjustments later in Photoshop.

Is this something you're still working on?

Alan

it's a lifestyle thing
April 2nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
One new feature as a whim - but still of use to me - is for enhancements to B&W preview. Maybe own B&W settings (maybe tweaking contrast curve), and even a Cross Process option with own setable curves. Could also allow sepia and cool tints etc.

Reason, is currently to show images to clients I make my own B&W version, plus other like cross process.

Regards,
Kev

jrsforums
April 3rd, 2005, 02:41 AM
B&W with Sepia, Blue, Green, Purple is already available for 20D (which is same as the in camera processing)...Chris has responded that he will be adding the filters in a future release.

I am not sure of support for other cameras.

John