Thread: Custom photo booth layouts

• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

Default Custom photo booth layouts

I've built a development version of DSLR Remote Pro which allows custom photobooth layouts. The size and position of each photo can be specified to pixel accuracy on the page. This allows complex layouts where the images are different sizes or are not arranged in a grid. It should also make it much easier for simple layouts as most layouts will only require a background image (to add logos, headers, footers, drop shadows etc.) and won't need the header.jpg, footer.jpg and other layout images.
    The resposiveness of the live view on low spec PCs or when using slow USB connections has also been improved in this release.

This release can be evaluated or used with a current license the same as a normal release. It is a development release for testing the custom photobooth layout and should be as stable as a normal release. However, because it is a test version the details of how the custom print layout works may change in the full release.

DSLR Remote Pro v1.7.5 Dev 20090707 can be downloaded from:
    http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/d...ev20090707.exe
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Default Now available for NKRemote and PSRemote

The custom photobooth layout option is now available for NKRemote and PSRemote.

NKRemote v1.1 dev build 20090710:
    http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/n...dev2090710.exe

PSRemote v1.6.5 dev build 20090710:
    http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/P...ev20090710.exe

PhotoMeir
    PhotoMeir is offlineMember

Default How Funny!

I was about to write you about this being a possibility for a feature request!
    Glad to see that you're keeping things progressive Chris! Also, in this release, or in future ones what are the chances of A) People being able to choose Color vs. Black and White BEFORE the sequence starts and B) If we can add sepia to the mix?

snapshot
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • Visit Homepage
    snapshot is offlineSenior Member

If you use a touch screen or multiple buttons, it is already possible for people to choose between black and white or color.

Also, I offer sepia prints. I just have to use the camera settings for sepia instead of any setting in PSRemote.
    Snapshot Photo Booth Rentals - Louisville's best photo booth rental company.

http://www.photoboothtalk.com - Discuss everything related to photo booths, from building the booth, to printers, to advertising your business.

With DSLR Remote Pro you can switch between color and B&W before starting the sequence (e.g. by pressing Ctrl+B for B&W or Ctrl+K for color) and update the screens displayed to the user according to whether B&W or color is selected. This is described here: http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth2.htm

PhotoMeir

Default Clarification

Perhaps I didn't phrase myself correctly. I am well aware of the capabilities of a guest choosing between black and white or color. What I wanted to know was....

A) Is there a possibility of setting up the software to view as color of black and white BEFORE the sequence starts

and

B) Can we add Sepia as a third choice WITHOUT setting the camera manually to do so ONLY

With DSLR Remote Pro and NKRemote you can use Ctrl+B to switch to B&W mode and Ctrl+K to switch to color mode without starting the photobooth shooting sequence. With PSRemote it's Ctrl+B for B&W and Ctrl+C for color.

Adding a sepia option is a bit more difficult because it isn't possible to change the MyColors setting from a PC for a PowerShot camera and not all DSLRs have a sepia setting. The easiest way to do this is probably to convert the image to grayscale and then adjust the hue but having to apply this to the live view images may cause the refresh rate to drop.

PhotoMeir

Default !!!

Enlightening as always Chris Thank you!

Also one more question in relation to the new ability to make layouts. Is it possible to to not only set up where exactly the "node" can be placed, the size that it is dependent upon the pixels, but also to be able to give it a rotation?
    I know they could be "masked" with an overlay, however that doesn't give an actual rotation to the image itself as well.

I have a friend whom managed to do it with whatever software they have for theirs however I would LOVE if we could do it for ours.

Thoughts?

Do you have any examples of layouts with rotated images? A couple of people have emailed me asking about this but the example layouts they sent looked pretty horrible to me.

PhotoMeir

Default Email and glitch?

Hey Chris,

I sent you an image of what my friend made in an email so that you can check out the stylings that I have seen from him. Also, I have downloaded this evaluation to try and it is working well already with a new product that I had in mind. I did notice something however, as the booth captures it's image. The software used to grab the taking.jpg, go black till the image to preview came up, and then go to the next sequence image. Now it goes to taking.jpg then to black, then quickly to taking.jpg again with a blacked out live view, and THEN the previewed image. Seems a bit unpolished and I know previous versions hadn't done that. Just thought I'd point it out in case no one ever had before.